2310 Windshield Enclosure Fasteners

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Mattie

Reaction score
My 2004 Parker 2310 has the 3 side enclosure fastened to the windshield with "eyelet studs" and "eyelet sockets". The eyelet sockets are fastened to the fabric with clinch pletes which are readily available. However the eyelet studs appear to be attached to clip fastened to the windshield. This seems to allow some movement to accomodate the possibly variable location of the eyelet sockets on the canvas.

Several of the studs have broken off of the clips and I have been trying to locate a replacement source of studs. The only replacement studs that I have found are ones attached to screws. See p 734 of 2007 West Marine catalog. That page also has windshield clips but they do not have them with eyelet studs. Another type of windshield stud is shown on p 582 but it has a button stud. How do I replace the studs on the windshield?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Have you checked with your Parker dealer? If Parker put it on the boat, I would tend to believe that the dealers have access to the more unusual parts that us mortals have difficulty obtaining from the original supplier.

Many marine vendors only do wholesale to other commercial entities, and don't deal with the public. The snaps for those windshields may fall into that category.

Dave

After my posting on Classic Parker, I sent the same request to Robin at Parker Marine. I received a prompt reply and shortly thereafter was sent a supply of replacement fasteners. The courtesy and service provided by Parker Marine is outstanding and we all should appreciate the quality of the boats and the company that makes them

It is very reassuring to know that Parker boats are made by a company that values and responds to its customers.

Back