2320 I/O to OB

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny931

Reaction score
I have a 1998 2320 that is an I/O with a 5.7 volvo in it. Both my motor and outdrive are getting close to replacement. My question is, have any of you heard of someone having a bracket put on and converted to outboards? Not sure if the cost would be worth it, or if would negitivitly effect the ride of the boat? And I have only seen single engine on a 2320 but twins on a 2520. Could I put twin 150's on it? Any information is appreciated.

I wouldn't put twins on it. The extra weight will negatively affect the boat.

A Large single will perform better. Went thru this on my Mako.

I just got done changing my 2530 from a I/o to a single Suzuki 250 on a bracket. Couldn't be happier! It's expensive (about $30k for mine) but its sooooooo much better. Faster, quieter and lots more deck space.

You would be money ahead selling yours and buying a bracketed boat if that is what you want. 30k sounds about right to do the conversion using a new v6 ob. You could find a used 2320 ob for 30k.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I have thought about selling and getting one that already has the bracket, but I really like this boat and have put alot of $ into it. Just had a new fuel tank and all fiberglass work fixed up. Not a scratch or ding on here anywhere! I personaly have not had any major issues with the I/O set up, just alot of maintenience.... All things considered, in the long run I am thinking the best bang for my buck would be to repower the boat I already have. I think I can get that done for around 18,000? I thried to post some pics but my files are to large:(

Ive been researching some different drive options and was woundering if any of you have had any experience with Volvos new Ocean X drive? Its there replacement to the pile of #### plastic saltwater drive they discontinued. I am always a little hesitant on new products that have not proven themselvs in the field.

Back