2320 - sealing the splash guard to the deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aheider

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The splash guard behind the bilge access hatch and below the transom fish box..... Is everyone sealing that to the deck, and if so what is the preferred sealant? I've read a couple people discussing leaving it un sealed to allow moisture to dry out between the splash guard and the lip behind it.

Please post a picture. The transoms vary. On my 19, I "recaulked" the seam with Lifeseal. Once set up I removed the screws one at a time and pumped a lot of lifeseal down through each screw hole since there is a 1/2" of space between where the screws goes through the transom piece and actually pierces the deck. Looking at the screw holes from behind the transom, there is a "pad" of sealant around each screw shaft now. Sealing from factory was half-assed and asking for future trouble through the screw holes. I hope that is clear.

The screws at the actual floor had little to no sealant and that is not a small deal.

Pulled the splash guard off and used some Debond and elbow grease to remove the old sealant from the splash guard and the floor.

I’m going to use Life Seal when i reinstall the splash guard. It will help keep blood and dirt from accumulating against the lip protecting the bilge area. I’m not sure you need to seal it, but I’m going to. It does make it less convenient to access the top/back of the bilge if needed.

IMG_0835.jpegIMG_0836.jpeg

Last edited:
Back