2320 Transom or Thru Hull Transducer?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyk9

Reaction score
If all goes well most likely going to add a Garmin 741xs, would you go thru hull or transom mount?

I have both and they both work good, Garmin7608xsv gt50 tm adding b175HW thru hull. I have a Standard Horizion CPV550 with thru hull. I found on my previous boats TH would not lose bottom at speed.

What kind of speeds are you losing the bottom with the transom mount? My previous boat would read bottom at 30mph with an old Garmin transom mount ducer.

I was using my Standard Horizon and losing it at 8-9mph on up put thru hull and never had a problem. I have no problem with my Garmin 7608 with gt50tm, it seems that the gt50 has a better mounting bracket the most tm transducer.

I love my thru hull have both 2 units the thru hull pics up almost all the time transom quits after a short time on plane I also need to replace it because a log or something hit it and broke it when it came down river in the current that cant happen with a thru hull

Bumping this up.

I have a 2120 and I am trying to figure out thru-hull or transom mount for a Garmin GT-50 on 7608xsv.

Where on the thru-hull do you install? They say if dead rise is greater than 5 degrees to use separate transducers for down and side.

Are there any issues with trailering?

Anyone have first hand experience using transom mount Chirp transducers on the Parker deep V hulls?

Many thanks,

Sean

I put a thru hull gt-21 in with my 741xs and could not be happier, keeps bottom at all speeds and very sharp picture.

Gt-21 is traditional 50/200 & chirp down vu, did not want side vu. From what I understand if you want side vu you will need 2 transducers.

Mine is mounted just off center where the cabin meets the deck pretty much. Needed to put 2 small access hatches in the cabin floor to install and run the wiring. Reason for putting it there I did not want to redo the battery tray. These new transducers are quite large and with the bilge pump plus live well it would have been tight.

Like I said I couldn't be happier with it, just need to replace the crap transom mount that is connected to the 541s that came with the boat. Going to put an Airmar p66 on.

Back