2320 vs 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Game Time

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at purchasing a new 2320, but have been waiting for a seatrial. Some of my friends think I should get the 2520 XLD, b/c they feel it has a much better ride than the 2320 (same dead rise). My issue with this is if I upgrade to the 2520 I will have to deal with double the fuel and double the maintenance that goes along with twin screws. Also trailering the 2520 is not an option in my opinion, even with the special permits (its a Big Boat). The majority of my fishing is done inshore in New England waters, with the occasional shark trip. The 2520 MV is not an option for me. Let me here your thoughts. Thanks

I own a 2120 DV
My buddy owns a 2520MV
Even he says my boat rides much nicer
I would love to move up tp the new 2320DV
If you are worried about ride Id go 2520 DV
If you are worried about price Its the 2320DV and dont look back
:lol:

Sea trial all the boats on your option list. Inshore fishing, a single is great. Off shore, the twin is a security measure that we did not pass up. It all depends on the type of use you expect for the boat. As far as trailering a 2520 it is no problem, and don't worry about the permits,down here there are plenty of larger boats being towed. We run a 2520 D.V.with twin F-150's. Trailer it 60 miles both ways to dip her in the wet salt.

My reasoning was the same. I would think the 2320 would ride better, since in theory, with its shorter beam width, it would be a sharper knife cutting through the water. By the way my dealer is having a hard time finding a 2320 to seatrial. He does not have one in stock and the majoirty of his customer's boats are still shrink wrapped. Anyone thats in the Northeast and would like to take me for a spin, I would gladly pay you.

When I was boat shopping the top two boats were the 2520 XLD and the 2320.

I chose the 2320 for trailering ease, maintenance cost and our fishing grounds are around 30 miles out.

The price of fuel will certainly go up and was one of the factors used in the final decision.

The 2520 XLD is an excellent boat, just more than I needed.

I have a 2320; but would like the extra room the 2520 provides (and the added security of twin engines).

I dock out of Newburyport if next weekend is good i'll most likely be going out. Boat is in shop getting summerized it will be ready next week, i'll know by tuesday or wedensday i will post when i know for shure tue or wed.

There is a huge cost difference in going from single to twins. You will need to evaluate the cost of feeding, maintaining and repowering twins, vs the use of the boat. Remember most power problems today are fuel related too (twins arent going to help you here)

I have a 2009 2320 that I love, been in the chesapeake with 30 knots blowing form the north with 4-6 ft seas. I have been in both boats, both are great but 2320 is easy to tow, runs 48 knots wide open, cruises at 30 knots with ease. f250 yamaha 4 stroke. I loved the 25' and would love to have the extra room.......but I wouldnt trade my 2320 for a 25 for any reason at this time unless I had a dock to keep it at year round. good luck picking it is a hard choice

I have the 2320 $ 250.00 to winterize $ 250.00 to get ready for summer this is with one engine f225 if you do it your self and something goes wrong they might not cover the warranty so you take a chance. Slip $ 2000.00 gas $ 300 every 2 trip's need special permit's to trailer now with 2 engine's witch is nice but you will have to double everything but the slip add another 5-6 hundred, so if you can afford it now and the long run go for it.Don't orget the extra $ 20,000 for the extra 3 feet on the 25 foot parker.

Back