23DVCC vs 2501 CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windknotnc

Reaction score
Can anyone give a comparison of the 23DVCC and the 2501CC. I have a 23DVCC and am thinking of moving up in size but don't know if 2' of length and 1' beam is going to be a huge gain. I have a 225 yamaha on a bracket and the 2501 for caparison should be bracketed DV with twin 150-200's.

i have a 23se cc now and a 25se. similar "issues" - perhaps more exaggerated with a 2501 w/ twins.

2501 is a very big "25". the 23 is a very big "23" too, but the 25 is a lot bigger. look at the LOAs of the two and you'll start to get a feel.

i'd say its more about how you are using the boat. 23 dvcc w/ closed transom (to me) means you can still put it on a trailer and go mobile like my 23se cc. sure, you can tow a 2501 w/ twin 200s (i'd go w/ twin 200s), but its not something i'd want to be doing regularly (wide load permits, heavy duty tow vehicle). my 25 se cc more or less stays at one location in the water all season.

if you are looking for 1 boat that you are using for regular offshore reach and it more or less stays in a slip/at a dock all season - that's the 2501.

I have had a 23SE before and there is no comparison to the ride of the 23DVCC. I mainly want to know if the ride of the 2501 is going to be similar to the 23DVCC. How about fishability, ease to anchor in 100' of water, etc..

understand and agree. i was not comparing the ride - just the size. i have been on 23dvccs and 2501s. no comparison to the ride on the deep vs to the mod vs. i was just saying i see the difference between the 23dvcc and the 2501 similar to the difference between my 23secc and 25secc. my 23 and 25 se's ride similar in sea conditions relative to their respective size - aka, 23 in 2' chop similar to 25 in 3' chop etc.

i was adding that the 23 is still something i can trailer and manage "solo". our 25 se is a stay in the water kind of boat that i don't think of as a "solo" boat.

i'd expect you'd find the ride on the 2501 to be similar to your 23dvcc in conditions relative to their respective size - aka, (as a broad generalization) the 2501 will ride in a 3' chop like your 23dvcc rides in a 2' chop. The 2501 with twins is and will feel "heavier" and in some sea conditions will ride even better.

anchoring etc - no idea how well you manage with your 23dvcc. i don't use a windlass etc. with my 23 i find it more or less manageable solo in almost all conditions. the 25, not necessarily. i have been in conditions (tidal current, wind etc) that really did "require" a second helmsman on the 25 - one working the boat while the other pulled the anchor. the 25 feels a lot bigger to me and crosses that "all conditions" solo manageability level. you may be 6'6" 250 pounds strong, so not an issue (?).

I have a 23DVCC and have ridden on a 25MVCC. As the prior poster says, the weight difference makes the rides similar, maybe giving a nod to the 25. Sometimes you just can't beat mass!

However, the BIG difference is space. Wow! The consoles are the same (i believe) and the extra foot of beam and two feet of length translate into a HUGE amount more room. It is a BIG 25. As also said prior, I wouldn't be towing that sucker much. It's simply on the edge of easy tow-ability.

As for being able to be single-handed, I have no idea. Didn't jump out as an issue. Also, if I remember correctly, the 25 I was on had a single 300 for power and was fine.

The other thing about the 25 that stood out to me was how dang simple and plain the boat looked. What I love about Parkers is their no-nonsense approach to outfitting a boat. Easy to fix, easy to clean, etc. For some reason, the 25 is just big enough that this simple look bordered on weird looking. parker lovers are going to love it. Others will see a stripped down, work boat.

only from a towing perspective. we just bought a 2002 2501 w/ twin200 hpdi. we towed it home (10 hour) and had no trouble. we have an F250, but gas not diesel and pulled great. My husband drove the whole way and when I had to take it to the shop I had no trouble. I feel that as long as you get a trailer big enough (go a little bigger if you can) then you will be just fine. Ours is a tandem axel, but I believe a 10000 #.

I hope this helps you as you helped me when we first started looking at a Parker. thank you!

If I could find the right 25 I would probably jump on it. I want twin 150 4S, trailer, and decent shape. There are several around but with poor engines and spending $30k on the rig along with $35k on new engines doesn't seem like a good move. I should be able to find what I am looking in the low 40s

Back