23SE and Power Pole???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaLand

Reaction score
Is a 23SE too big/heavy for a power pole?

Flirting with the idea of getting one, motor mounted bracket on mine but unsure if it's too large and heavy for a power pole. Thoughts and/or experience?

TIA!!!

It will work but if there is lots of wave action such as at Lookout be careful. I just removed the Talon off my Bayrider and am going to install it on my 21 SE. It works great in the sound and creeks. It will hold unless it is rough or lots of boat traffic. My buddy has a Pathfinder 26 HPS with a power pole with no issues.

Thanks for the reply! Any issues of getting in the way? Do you do any near shore trolling?

ECpirates96":37afxyd3 said:
It will work but if there is lots of wave action such as at Lookout be careful. I just removed the Talon off my Bayrider and am going to install it on my 21 SE. It works great in the sound and creeks. It will hold unless it is rough or lots of boat traffic. My buddy has a Pathfinder 26 HPS with a power pole with no issues.

It will be in the way. The talon is in the way but it's totally electronic so a quick disconnect and 4 boats and it's off. The PP is hydrologic so I am not sure how hard it would be. I would not add one if you are not targeting more inshore species than offshore

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I have a PP mounted on the stern of my Carolina skiff. I'ts a great tool for inshore fishing and I've never found it bothersome for near shore trolling or drifting. You just have to work around it at times but I'd never consider removing it even if it were just a few bolts and electric plug in. I have a trolling motor also that I've never used since I got the PP because it makes anchoring and moving so easy.

I just added the 10 ft blade on my 23se. I was hesitant at first about putting one on, but after using a few times I know I made the right choice. I fish inshore 75% of the time, so I will get my money out of it.

Happy Dawg, REALLY appreciate the reply!

I am flip flopping between the PP Blade or the 12' Talon.

How high is the pole above the motor? Did you use engine bracket or fix it directly to the transom?

The other 25%, assume you are offshore or nearshore. Does it get in the way of trolling?

Happy Dawg":2qjwnsdi said:
I just added the 10 ft blade on my 23se. I was hesitant at first about putting one on, but after using a few times I know I made the right choice. I fish inshore 75% of the time, so I will get my money out of it.

I mounted it on the transom on the starboard side. The hydraulic pump is in the battery box. The pole is probably about 3-4ft above the motor. Haven't done any trolling yet, but I don't think it will be in the way too much. The power pole web site has a release clip attachment that they say you could use to keep a bait down. I'm not gonna do that though, I'll just stick with my downriggers. Most of the people in my area use the power pole. I know of 2 people that have had some issues with the talon. 1 of those took it off and got a power pole instead.

Yup yup... I mounted an 8' PP on my 23 SE and couldn't imagine it without one now. I fish 80% of the time in approx 3-5' of water and it works great. I have an atlas jack plate which I mounted the PP bracket to on starboard side. Mine comes about 18" above cowling. I have never fished a boat with a talon on it... what's nice about the PP is when you have it deployed and are fishing the back of the boat it's out of your way, where as the talon is always in the upright position. Being said, the quick removal of the talon is a great feature.

Back