23se console electronics box

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmeggers

Reaction score
Mine leaks...theres no rubber or gasket or anything going around the egdes and my electronics and temp charts, tide charts, whatever other crap i throw in there gets wet when im washin the boat or whenever else water gets on there

solutions? thoughts?

Well there are different size gaskets you can get so it shouldnt be a problem. Either that or replace the door with one that is sealed. Or get a dry bag.

Yeah man...just wanted my electronics dry...can't put those in a dry box....ill look into seeing if the gaskets will work this winter

I figured they were my only option, just wanted to see if anyione had come up with something else

Pete

How much space is there?? Can you post a pic?

I once made a gasket out of 5200 on lexan and it worked slick.

Bryan,

In response to the picture, I have the same as the first picture Fishfactory posted. It looks like I'll just be trying your and Brad's advice and making a gasket. Thanks

Fishfactory,

The boat is brand new to me this past season and has the same doors as the first picture you posted. I'm not saying the water "gushes" in by any means, but when I do wash the boat or take some serious spray from the side, my electronics get very wet. The first time we went out, we came back and put our cell phones in the box for the wash. Went to wash it down, soaping the console, etc and we lost a cell phone to the water gods. Maybe I'm just being anal but it looks like I'll be putting a gasket around it.

When law school and work permits me to do anything at all contructive and fun I will let you know how it turns out.

thanks everyone

pete

Clean Seal makes most of the marine gaskets you see in boxes. I think I have the box in my garage for a boat I never used it on. I probably have the gasket that will work. I have some that are close to 1/8 inch thick that would work and not throw off the closing of the door.

You have my address and should have my phone number from the Parker logo order.

Give me a call.

Bob

Back