25 ft parker dog house project and decks, tanks and stringer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look good. I especially like the bow lines and flare, nice sharp entry with about 16 degrees at the stern? Did you add those big tabs or were they a stock size?

I am not sure of the exact angels, but the boat is a beast none the less. Extremely stable and it will cruise 20 knots through just about anything you are willing to go out In. The tabs were on the boat when I purchased it 2 years ago. From what I understand this boat is a very rare boat from parker?

I think it must be fairly rare. I've not seen one. Not many true inboards are built in the Harkers/Beaufort area these days due to the shallow back side waters and shoals. If you see them though, they will have that skeg keel design. Pretty much like Shamrocks built in FL. Nice to see you fixing it up. Good luck with her and the fishing :D

It came like that from parker. I will post a few more later today.

I believe there were only a small number of theses boats built by parker

Keel pics

Attachments

• 20141003_155612.jpg
    20141003_155612.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 20141003_155603.jpg
    20141003_155603.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 201
So it looks like it's screwed on, pretty cool. Is it a wet keel? Holds water for stability?

I wonder if Parker still has the mold for it.

Yes thru bolted. It is solid glass w a dripless and there is a shaft pocket

I removed the bow rail did not like the look. I contacted parker once about the weight and what size the original fuel tanks were

kidfreediver":1hjrh29g said:
I think a California bow rail would look good on the vessel

Please explain the difference between a bow rail and a "California" bow Rail?

warthog5":2vz0uc2v said:
kidfreediver":2vz0uc2v said:
I think a California bow rail would look good on the vessel

Please explain the difference between a bow rail and a "California" bow Rail?

I think they are the same thing as what is also called a West Coast bow rail? They are just taller off the deck.

That's a great looking boat, how long did it take to build the doghouse? How do you like the Simrad units?

A long time didn't even keep track I picked away at it all last winter. The simrad units are great when they work. I have had trouble w one shutting down and frezzing

I will look into that. I wired everything myself I'm electrician by trade but don't do much of the marine electronics

They MUST have clean power to operate correctly.

The marine industry is FULL of boats with automotive ends attached to wiring. :( They let corrosion into the wiring.

I've seen more than my fair share of Bare copper ends on battery terminals. :( Again.... bare copper corrodes, corrosion get's under heat shrink and on into the battery cable.

Back