2500 SE vs 2300 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearohs

Reaction score
Hey folks. I have been shopping around and am contemplating getting into a new boat.

My eyes were originally on a Dorado/Sheaffer/Avenger style bay boat.

I was told to look at the privateer/parkers.

So I am contemplating the 2500, but really wonder how shallow they draft, and how trailerable they are. Is a single 225/250 really adequate for power?

I primarily fish Tampa Bay, and the Gulf. Some tarpon on the beach, some redfish, snook etc. Lots in the bay, grouper kings, and the ocassional offshore.

My attraction is in the beam of the 25.

Can anyone tell me if I am crazy for thinking this would be a good all around Tampa Bay boat?

I was also wondering if instead of a bracket to hang the motors on if you could get a Portabracket.

bearohs,
We are the local dealer for Parker Boats in the Tampa Bay area....I have the 21SE in stock and would be glad to spec a new 23SE or 25SE for you. Wayne 727 347-9999

Wayne-
I believe you must work for Central Marine.

While I would love to buy a NEW boat, I think I am on a used boat budget. I called over to get some information and spoke to a young lady (not very well trained in the boat, FYI) and it looks like the 23 and 25 are only 1k off in price?

10-4

Yes that is Brittney my assisant...she has only been in the boating business for about a year and is still very green. She is still in training...I will keep my eyes open for a used boat. Thanks for looking at Parker Boats.

well now.

thank you! I wouldnt have come across that.

Is this a person you know? Perhaps take in a boat on trade?

Josh

Back to your original question....I bought a 2500 SE last year and love it. I also have the luxury of a boat lift and don't fiddle with a trailer. I have pulled my boat on a trailer and it is do-able but very hard. If you are going to be trailering all the time I would go with a 2300. You will still have a lot of room aboard.

The best benefit to the 2500 is that you can fish snottier seas. That wider beam really makes a difference. Hope this helps.

indeed its the wider beam that has be interested.. my 2010 f150 tows, 10k, or so i have read. Perhaps it would be stored then..

Oh the joys of shopping.

Back