2510 electronics display question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daydreamer

Reaction score
I have a 2510 on order and I am working through the electronics set up. I searched the internet for pictures but found very few of set ups for electronics. It looks to me like the helm area is low and that the wheel would block some of the vision of the units. does anybody have any insight into this? I am planning on 2 9" units and was thinking one sitting on top of the helm area and one mounted in the helm.

Thanks

Daydreamer,
Just finished rigging out a 2015 2510. I was able to comfortably fit 2 12" Simrad NSS Evo 2's side by side, as well as an AP 24 autopilot head. VHF went in the upper corner of the hard top. I kept the top of the helm clear.

First question... Do you wear glasses?
If you do, are they bi-focals, or progressive lenses?

If so, plan your electronics accordingly.

I wear progressive lenses, so all of my electronics are either at, or below level straight-on.
That way I don't have to adjust my sight but very little to either see distance or up close.

If my electronics were mounted up high, I would have to constantly crank my head up to view my gear through the bottom of my lenses.

Something to think about...

Attachments

• 01 helm.jpg
    01 helm.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 198
Mark Sr":3pm8nf4j said:
Does your 2 units interfer with the compass being their so close?

Not at all.
It was checked before, and again after installation to be sure.

FWIW... this 2010 model Garmin does not have the chip door with the magnetic catch that has been problematic in some installations.

Daydreamer":21szcz8t said:
I have a 2510 on order and I am working through the electronics set up. I searched the internet for pictures but found very few of set ups for electronics. It looks to me like the helm area is low and that the wheel would block some of the vision of the units. does anybody have any insight into this? I am planning on 2 9" units and was thinking one sitting on top of the helm area and one mounted in the helm.

Thanks
If you were going to buy Garmin, their 7 and 8 xs series dropped in price. I think you would have to add a hub though as there is not enough ports. I was going to do this but went with a 1040xs single. Split screen should be ok,but if I do chart,radar,sonar I might have to wear my glasses lol.

Back