2510 new 1/2 tower , cobia tower , new rocket lancher

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soohoo

Reaction score
I finally broke down and did some much needed improvements to the Miss Mei Ying.

Everything came out pretty close to what I wanted , one problem I am trying to figure out what I am going to do is the top rod holder on the tower is pretty much useless . The rod hits the hard top . I asked the welder to put 4 holders on the tower ,that way when we clear the rods we have a easy place to stick them . unfortunately he just welded the rod holders on the pipe and did not use a stand off bracket , so the question at hand is do I buy 2 more cut the top 2 off and have them welded back on at a angle where the rod will miss the top or buy 2 bent but rods and don't mess with it ?

I have the hard top inside I plan on taking everything off filling all the holes that will not be used and then roll out a coat or 2 of gel coat . when I mount the top back on the frame , would you use a gasket type material along the top of the tower where it is going to be mounted of would you 5200?

thanks for the help Derek

Attachments

• cobia small rotated.jpg
    cobia small rotated.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 401
  • side tower small rotated.jpg
    side tower small rotated.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 402
  • rocket small rotated.jpg
    rocket small rotated.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 402
  • tower small rotated.jpg
    tower small rotated.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 401
Rod Holders: If that 1/2-tower frame were mine, it would be back at the welder's being fixed/modified the way that I'd want and need it, at the welder's expense. If he didn't ask about positioning ... he should have :evil: .

Hard Top: I'd drill thru and use the oversize 'epoxy plug' method (use the search feature on those terms), then you could use anything, but I would use LifeCaulk by BoatLife, no need for 5200 there (above the waterline) and can't justify the cost of a product that goes bad so fast in its tube anyway.

See that Cool looking "Sweepy" pipe....The lower one looking at the side?

Now you gotta crawl under that Damn thing. :(

They also rivit a band on alum to the inside of the Belly Band. This is where the upholstery is fastened.

Don't think you need the upolstery?.......Wait till you see the Black & Blue marks on your Body.

CrowsNest010.jpg

CrowsNest009.jpg

CrowsNest008.jpg

If the top is cored, I would go with Dales suggestion of the epoxy plug method of protecting the core.
If the top is solid glass, I would simply use life caulk.

Also agree with Dale that there is no need to use 5200 on that project.

warthog5":1cqykjnh said:

Agreed. Gonna be tough unless you intend to go over the top.

Megabyte":27rue3x8 said:
warthog5":27rue3x8 said:

Agreed. Gonna be tough unless you intend to go over the top.
Ouch ... missed that on the 1st go-round ... good call Bobby!

Yeah, I'd have that rail/pipe modified on whatever side you intend to enter it into ...

I did not notice when I climbed in ,I think it's wide enough so when I went up the side it was close enough to just keep climbing in under that bar . I only climbed in once I will have to take more notice when everything is back together .

I do plan on doing a pad along the back ,one of the projects for this winter .I have been considering getting a new sewing machine one that I can do the piping and has a walking foot , I want to do all the coaming pads also . I got the top stoped tonight and plan on filling all the holes and starting fresh

this is the top with everything removed ,plan on filling everything in during the storm , at least it will give me something to do

Attachments

• boat top removed rotated.jpg
    boat top removed rotated.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 355
You want to wrap the sides of the belly band also.

Don't know how much time you have spent in a Crows Nest, but You'll thank me. :D

Back