2510 prop question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pparke

Reaction score
I am trying to find out if the factory 17 3 blade black prop on my F225 2510 MV is the best prop for the boat. I have read a lot of info on other boats , the 2520 Dv and others but not much on the 2510 MV bracket mount. I am looking for economy first as I usually am underloaded, and like to go to Norfolk serveral times a year from Solomons. I dont have a flow meter so i really dont know what my mpg are. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

I have the same boat engine combo. I have the 15 1/4 x 17 Stainless prop, I believe it's the best prop. I have a 15 1/4 x 15 that I tried and it's to small, you can get 6200 from it.

4200 RPMs=25 mph=9 gph
WOT 5800-5900 38-40mph depending on load.

Anyone have a 3.0 Liter 225hp Optimax on a 2510? The prop size and WOT RPM would be very helpful to me as well. Thanks

First, determine the WOT throttle rpm as outlined in your engine's owner manual. Then run your boat with a full load, at full throttle, and engine trimmed out. If you can notreach max rpm, then you are probably over pitched. For example, my engine operating range is 5,600 -6,000 rpm WOT. I could barely reach 5,600 with the orginal prop. I reduced pitch by 2 inches resulting in a 400 rpm increase at WOT. Now, with a light load of gear and fuel I can easily exceed 6,000 rpm. I just throttle back so I don't do so.

Remember, in cold weather you will produce more rpm than when it is the middle of summer so rpm's will vary during the year.

Back