2510 XL or 2510 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdksr

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the deep V or the modified V in ordering my 2011 2510 Walkaround.
I plan to power with a single Yamaha 300 hp V6. My fishing/cruising is out of Barnegat Inlet and 50% offshore up to 20 miles and 50 % bay drifting.
Any comments/suggestions???
pdksr

I have a 2520xl (16 degrees)and fish out of manasquan in the ocean within 20 miles. Never had an issue, just need to pull back a bit if it gets to stacked up. Slowing down from 24kts to 20kts really does not add much time to your trip but increases the comfort. In the PH we just shut the door so-no spray, no cold and quieter.

Last december we were coming in from blackfishing about 7 miles off with NW front moving through-wind was blowing the tops off the waves by the afternoon. We had a short ride home, shut the door, and came in at 15kts-great day, stayed warm, dry and the parker handled excellent. If you can't tell I am a fan of the pilot house.

Fishing within 20 miles in are area you can really go either way -16/21 DR-depends what boats are available on the market if buying used and your personal preference.

Thanks for the info. I actually talked to the guys at Parker yesterday and they felt that with a single 300 Yamaha the modified v would provide better overall performance.
Tight Lines!!

I have a 2510 DV that came with a yammie 2 stroke 250 new and now I've been running a DF 250 zuke for a few seasons. The zuke is a little faster but both perform(ed) very well.

I have a buddy with a Mod V pilot house that we use a bunch too. My impression after spending many hours on both up to 50 miles offshore is that there is NO downside, only upside to the deep V. There are no rocking problems at anchor like on a black fin or bert on a Parker Deep V (really not that deep) and it does handle a steep chop better.

We also fish in shallow water for bass, no noticable difference in capability between the DV and MV.

Good luck. And BTW I heard there is a shortage of Yamaha OB's from Japan because they are making generators instead.

As you can (or will) see, there are fans of both the MV and the DV. :D

With the MV you will have to slow down and use your tabs in the heavier seas to keep from pounding, but you will get home in anything mother nature can throw at you.
In the DV you can make better time to the fishing grounds, but it will require a higher speed to remain on plane if the seas get sloppy.

Either way, you cannot go wrong, especially with the new 300 Offshore. 8)
Both hulls are quite seaworthy. :wink:

I agree both hulls have there merits but it seems the dealers push the MV more than anyone, why is that??

Is there a higher profit margin on the MV??? :?:

Deep V comes up on plane at about 12 kts. You can pound through the crap at 12-15 all day.

Although I had a day I couln't go better than 5. it still gives me nightmares.

Back