2510XL Walkaround

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two50man

Reaction score
I'm planning to get back into boating after many years, and am interested in a 2011 Parker 2510XL Walkaround (16 degree deadrise) with a single 300HP Yamaha Four Stroke. I will keep the boat in Deltaville, VA and use for fishing and cruising in the Chesapeake Bay and surrounding rivers. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who owns this model boat (since the deadrise was increased from 14 to 16 degrees) and your experiences both pro and con.
Thanks,
Capt D

I have the 2007 2510 XLD and love it. It is the deep-V, and I know you are getting the modified-V, but it is a great boat. Mine has twin 150's, so I would imagine that a mod-V with single 300 would perform quite well. I love the layout and the room on the boat. Been fishing with 5 others and there was plenty of room. Nice big area to mount electronics.

I moved up from a 2110 to the 2510 this summer, a 2008 with a 250.
The 2110 was a DV, the 2510 is the XL hull.
I was a little concerned before I moved up because of the 16 degree, but I can't tell the difference. The 25 is a heavy enough boat. And the 16 v 21 degree is at the transom. I think the angle up front matter more when running into a head sea. Learning the trim tabs can help too.
Anyway, as far as the rest of the boat....its great. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner.
This boat is sweeeet

Thank you all: Porkchunker (I love the Woodie), Cahuna, and Cape Cod Frank for your positive replies to my post. My mind is made up-"Go for the Parker!". I'll keep you posted as to how things work out. What a great site this!

Captain D

Hi Capt D. I have a 2010 2310 W/A and also keep my boat in Deltaville at DYC. I bought my boat from Lewis over at Garretts Marina and I am very happy with my purchase. My boat is put away until April 1st but you are welcome to come take a ride anytime after. I know when I bought my boat Garretts had just sold a 2510 with an F250 to somebody that keeps it on the lower Rapp. If you call Lewis I'm sure he will put you in touch with him and you will get some info about his first season. If I you want a full download of my buying experience PM me and we can connect.

Tom

I have an 06 2510 dv with twin 250 four strokes out here in san diego. Love the boat. thought that initially the 250 were too much but they are perfect. I cruise at 31 mph at 3900 rpm's and wot is 50mph. I get pretty good fuel economy too. It struggles to get on plane with one 250, i was just playing around one day. Enjoy your boat. I use mine alot.

Back