2520 Anchor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NGSD1

Reaction score
I lost the anchor on my 2520 yesterday. I did not know what size it was and I need to repalce it. It was a Bruce claw style for my lewmar 500 windlass. Does anyone else have this setup and have any reccomendations on size and brand?
I think it had 3/8 bbb chain and 1/2 twist rode. Also would appreciate any thought on best for those too while I am buying.

If you are using a windlass, use an 8-plait rode with 20 to 25' of BB chain as your rode.
Twist braid will hockle and give you problems with your gypsy...

For an anchor, it depends on what bottom you generally hook.
For sand or mud, a plow type will do you well. Again, it all depends on the bottom where you generally hook.

Attachments

• Anchor.jpg
    Anchor.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 68
Smilies,

If you have a lewmar 500 windlass it should be 1/4" chain BBB or G4 and the rode is 1/2". I use 3 strand medium lay. I don't know if the anchor locker on the 28 is bigger or not, but I have not had it bind up yet again using the 3 strand medium lay. As far as what anchor and length of your chain rode, I agree with Megabyte. I will tell you the more chain rode the better.

Be safe,

Boat-length of the biggest chain that'll fit the gypsy, and 5x your expected water depth in nylon line... 8-plait will lie much better than 3-strand.

The best thing about that length of chain is that if you anchor in a shallow harbor (like we do a lot), you won't get past the chain in the windlass. That means no wear on the splice, and very little trouble in hauling.

Back