2520 dv fair market value

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsk7

Reaction score
OK, I've been trying to research what a fair price would be on a 2005 2520 DV standard cabin with Yamaha 150's. 375 hours on motors. Oil changes have been done and gear oil changed. Motors have been flushed also. No other maintenance has been done. Boat comes with trailer. Boat is in working order, but the gel coat looks pretty bad and has never seen wax. The motor cowlings are pretty scratched up. Also, there are some deep scrapes in gel coat about 5' long. The boat has not been moored, but has sat out in the open. Boat is located in Washington. I have used Nada and buc for price. They both say about 42,000 with motors no trailer. Yacht world and boat trader have them listed in the high 50k-high 60k range, but these boats are not selling. So can some one give me an estimate on what these boats are selling for used. I will be getting a survey done if I decide to purchase the boats. It is listed at 64,900 private seller. Oh an all in one (radar gps fish finder is included) ray marine c80. Any help would be great.
Thanks jeff

without pics and addditional details on the OBs model numbers, props (specs, SS, or AL) trailer details (capacity, 2 or 4 wheel brakes, controller, steel aluminum, age of tires, etc), windlass, anchor, are the electronics fairly and new or outdate,.......
it would be difficult to fairly price it

Am/fm stereo, anchor, bilge pump, bow pulpit, coast guard pack, compass, depthfinder, fishfinder (through hull transducer), gps, hydraulic steering, bait tank (two scoop), porta potty, radar, rod holders, swim platform, trim tabs, 2 axle pacific brand galvanized bunk trailer six lug axles (Kodiak disc brakes with surge actuator) tires are original and have cracks. 2 batteries (optimas), vhf radio, windlas, documented, original owner, rocket launchers, alum props (the black stainless that yamaha sells), live baitwell, raw water washdown, raymarine c-80 electronics, anchor, under 400 hours. I have viewed this boat and have experience with this style of boat just not Parkers. I talked with a local marine surveyor and using his datatbase he found 4 of the same model Parkers that have been sold on the west coast in the last few years. The highest one sold for was 53,000. He told me in todays market he would not touch it for anything over 50k. The condition of the boat is usable, but it is far from looking new. One motor has a crack in the cowling. The gelcoat is faded with no shine there are a few dime size dings that go all the way down to the fiberglass. There are also a few gelcoat scrapes one is 5' long it is deep, but not down to the glass. the bottom of the hull is stained yellow. The only maitenance that has been done on the motors is oil changes. No water pumps, no gear oil and no check ups by a marine mechanic have been done. He did say he flushes motors with salt a way after each use. The cabin of the boat looks clean. There is some staining under port window like it may leak. A few bolts through the hard top were also wet, but overall the cabin and deck look good. Is this surveyor right? I know these are great boats and the resale value is high, I am just not sure if this is the right price. I am asking here because this seems like the best place to get good advice on these boats.

Thanks for the help Jeff

Hull ID: PXM53047K405
MOTOR ID #1: F150TXRD 63P X 1023251
MOTOR ID #2: F150TXRD 64P X 1002697

Attachments

• parker 1.jpg
    parker 1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 355
  • parker 2.jpg
    parker 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 355
  • parker 3.jpg
    parker 3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 355
  • parker 4.jpg
    parker 4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 355
Have you sea trailed it? I would not make an offer without one

Do you have financing arranged?
The seller needs to know if you are a serious buyer or a tire kicker before negotiating

The boat is in rough condition and needs a lot of attention but a diamond in the rough none the less
Make list of items needing repairs and replacement and determine the costs
Motors needs additional service (water pumps, popit valves, tuneup, etc)
Yamaha parts prices are high (They are certainly proud of them too) even online
Gas tank may need cleaning and lines replacement
Batteries may need replacement
Does the windlass operate.
Is the wiring is good shape)
Does steering rams leak?
Do all guages work? (tach, voltage, engine tilt, gas levels, fuel management system)
Do the trim tabs work?
Will you be doing the repairs or a yard?
Trailer will need new tires. Most likely the bearings and brakes will need replacement too.
I would have a survey performed and talk with a few and aske about their experience surveying Parkers
and seatrail with them
Can the surveyor scan the OBs with Yamaha Daignostic Software and provide a printout?
If not then have it done.
It will provide running times at various rpms and various engine parameters.

m2cw is you will have a few thousands in repairs and maybe more on upgrades etc on unexpected items like repalcing anchor rode and chain
The seller doesnt understand it is still a buyers market or cant reduce the price due to a loan and certainly wants the buyer to purchase it as is.

I would not make a offer until I knew the upgrade costs and the time involved.
This is not a boat for me. I work 2 jobs and have 2 homes. I dont have time to do everything and my skills are good or fair at best plus new to salt water boating in FLorida and dont mind have service farm out providing they are competent and dont have any friends like Dale, Bryan, Warthog, Megabyte, and all of guys doing these super projects that I can pay them to help out another Parker owner

Best

My .02 worth - I would think those tires would need replacement so 5X$70 at best. I'd be concerned with the crack in the engine cover, 1X$150 - The yellow stain is no big deal, the 5 inch scratch in the gel coat can be fixed pretty easy but if you pay to have it done it would cost you a pretty penny. My gel coat on my 2004 was kind of dull from lack of wax, I did a light compound and double wax and it looked ok, but not compared to a new boat. the next season it dulled right out again, but really...not a big issue. I would take a grain of salt with the story that it was rinsed out every time, people who rinse every time ussually wax and don't have cracks or leaks. Bolts that leak would make me think the holes weren't drilled oversized and filled in with glass, that would make me worry about damage to the core material. These are all things that are easy repairs if caught early and you have time and a little cash on hand. I would buy this boat if I were trying to get into a 25 but with all the work I'd like it in the $40K range not 50K - I was just at the show in Providence RI and there was a NEW 2320 with a NEW 225 - Shiny and New for 69K normally 79K - If it were me and I was gonna drop that much cash, I'd rather have a New 2320 than someone elses beat up 2520. It's hard to tell from the pictures but those props looked dinged. 2 props is an additional cost. Unless the boat is calling to you, I'd wait for the right one to come along. If your selling it? I'd price it at 46K and take a best offer. That's my 2 cents.

Wow, thanks for the replies. That is what I was thinking also. He said if it surveyed below his asking price he would not go lower than 55 k. I'm not sure if I should even tell him the fair market value price. Oh well, I'll let him sit on it for a while and see if he drops the price. I figure 3k for motor upgrades and tune up and another 2k for cosmetic fixes and new tires (the brakes are new). So about 5k in work to be done. I'm thinking low end price would be 43k and high end would be 47k. And it would have to pass full marine survey and motor inspection. I will say that Washington state boat prices do seem higher than most other areas so I might consider paying slightly more if everything checks out. Any thoughts?
Thanks jeff

This all seem like good advice to me. There is no way in my opinion that this boat will command 64k. Even though it has ultra low hours, it really doesn't matter if the maintenance has not been kept up to date and the condition says lack of pride to me. Even on the west coast where prices tend to be higher, this is out of range for the options it has and the condition. Be patient, there are still deals out there but they will be less as the summer approaches and the economy turns.

Back