2520 MV with F300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1999 2520 DV with bracket. Came with 4blade SS prop and would max RPM at 3800. Installed Suzuki 3blade SS 3x16x18.5 got 4800 rpm at 29knots. Any suggestions on what to try next. Hole shot is fine just not getting expected top end.
Here's one more for comparison; We have a 2013 2520 XLD, 300 Yamaha. The prop is S/S Yamaha Saltwater Series II. 17-T ,15 X 17. The 'sweet-spot' is cruising around 30-31 at 4200-4300 rpm and getting around 2.0-2.2 mpg at that speed. The top speed under ideal conditions and low weight on the boat has been 42-44 mph. I seldom run over 32-35. (Weight is a huge factor with planing hull boats!). I think our motor should be set higher but I have a hard time understanding how to determine that. The anti-cavitation plate (some here on ClassicParker say it is the 'cavitation plate', not 'anti') seems to be under water when on plane most of the time; not all of the time. Since my last two boats for over 32 years were displacement trawlers, I am likely the least knowledgeable person on this site when it comes to outboards! ☺.... Which is one more reason I appreciate all the great information, provided by the great folks here at ClassicParker.

I contacted Ken at Propgods, thank you. Very helpful even before selling a prop! I will try his suggestions and go from there. Thanks again

Back