2520 Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lights Out

Reaction score
Folks, I have had a 22' CC for nearly 10 years and love the fish-ability of a CC but, I'm tired of being cold, wet all the time. So I have begun my search to find a boat with a cabin to give some protection from the elements but, also needs to be a trailerable and fish-able boat.

A Parker 2520 seems to fit the bill. I see them all the time fishing in the Chesapeake but, I have never been on one so I have a few questions.

How trailerable is a 2520? and the dry weight of 5800 lbs that Parker lists on their website is that a rigged boat with engines or is that just the hull weight?

I fish 75% of the time in the Chesapeake and the rest in the Atlantic and from what I have read the DV seems to be the preference does anyone feel differently?

Go to your profile and enter where you are in the "Location" field.
That way, someone close to you can make contact, and possibly take you for a ride.
A location also helps for folks who want to buy or sell.

Good luck!

Megabyte":e6zjbyjf said:
Go to your profile and enter where you are in the "Location" field.
That way, someone close to you can make contact, and possibly take you for a ride.
A location also helps for folks who want to buy or sell.

Good luck!

Thanks Kevin, I updated my location.

I think you and I actually met a few years ago at the CBBT, I think you were fishing with Pete.

Lights Out":e3w6kuo8 said:
I think you and I actually met a few years ago at the CBBT, I think you were fishing with Pete.

If that was when Pete brought in that 50" hog caught on a 10" BKD, I was actually on Capt Skip Slomski's boat fishing next to them. :)
I think we had 4 or 5 Parkers fishing together that day.

Once my boat goes back into the water and is settled back in her slip, you are more than welcome to go for a ride with me.
Mine isn't a DV though. I have the older 14 degree MVSC hull which is no longer made. Todays MV's are 16 degree hulls.

Yup that is when it was.... and we all ate dinner at Sting Rays that evening. What is your opinion of the MV vs. DV deadrise for the Chesapeake slop?

Lights Out":djryjc00 said:
What is your opinion of the MV vs. DV deadrise for the Chesapeake slop?

Not sure that I'm a good barometer, as I've never even been on a 2520 DV.
There are a few things I can tell you about my boat though...

When the Bay gets bumped up, you need to slow down. You don't want to be in a big hurry in a 25 MV.
I don't like to beat on my boat, so when conditions get bumpy, I give her some (24x9) tab and throttle down.
I've been out on sloppy SCW days with the wind right on my bow, and through the use of tabs and throttle I could keep her on plane as slow as 9 knots on the worst of those days.
She won't win any races, but the pilot house will keep you warm and dry, which is fine with me.
If I wanted to go fast and take a beating, I'll fish on my neighbors Contender.

My boat is powered by a single 225 OX66 and cruises at 18 to 23 knots burning 12 to 14 gph depending on the sea state.
If it's bumpy, I slow down. If it's flatter, I'll run her up in the 4500 to 4700 rpm range and cruise 27 knots.
Up in the tributaries or protected waters, I can occasionally run her at WOT to clean he out a bit, but I don't do it often.
Best speed I've seen is 34 knots burning in the mid 20's with 3/4 tank of fuel, full load of gear, and 4 people aboard.
I have a photo of my chart plotter somewhere that shows proof of that day. :)

Most of my fishing is either trolling (spring and fall), or drift fishing (LTJ or bait in summer).
I don't generally run and gun for birds since there are so many good places to fish that are close to me.
Even with the amount of boat traffic in my area, she drifts pretty well generally orienting with the wind on her stern.

I did ask the folks at Tri-State awhile back what the percentage of MV to DV's that they sold.
I was told that about 80% of the boats they sell are MV's, so take that for what it is worth.

If you plan to trailer, plan on a minimum of 10,000#'s for a rigged boat and trailer. A DV with twins would be a bit heavier.

There is no doubt that a DV will run faster in bigger water, especially outside the CBBT.
The cost for that will be a higher speed to plane (and to stay there), a well as twin motors, although the suggested power for the XLD does include the single 300.

MV
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_l ... ?boatid=17

DV
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_l ... ?boatid=16

Hope this helps.

Lights Out,
I work at Tri-State Marine and in addition to selling Parkers, I have owned three. If you would like to get more and specific information on a 2520, be it a a Deep "V" or a Mod "V", I will be happy to help you. We have clients with both hull styles. There are plusses and minuses with each.

Boatron

Back