2520 xl question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdevil

Reaction score
I have finally have had a chance to try out my new to me 2002 2520 xl w/ f225 engine and everything works great and love the boat. my question is what should I be seeing for top speed and rpm? with the trim tabs up it looks like about 5500 rpm @ full throttle and if I play with the engine trim I get about 5800 rpm. the top speed seems to be about 31 mph
@ full throttle and 5800 rpm. The boat has a full tank of fuel and we had 2 people with moderate gear aboard and the stock prop on it.
After searching this topic it seems like mine may be a little off on the top speed, what should I be seeing or is mine seem about right? What is the fuel tank capacity on the 2520xl as it came full of fuel and would like to know how much I would have left running it @ half a tank ? I have no complaints about the speed or performance but would like to make sure everything is good. Any suggestions or comments would be welcomed. Sorry for the stupid questions but this is my first Parker and need to get all the info i can..

it all seems about right. If You want a little more speed run with 1/2 tank rather than full of fuel if you can safetly.

yes it does have bottom paint. does that make a big difference? heading out tommorow and hope to get some more seat time on it and get a better feel for the operation and what to expect from her.
thanks. does anyone know what the fuel capacity is onthe 2520xl ?

snowdevil":1waw966s said:
yes it does have bottom paint. does that make a big difference? heading out tommorow and hope to get some more seat time on it and get a better feel for the operation and what to expect from her.

Pop the aft deck plate and the manufacturers plate for the tank should be have the capacity stamped on it.

snowdevil":m3kuzoda said:

New bottom paint will have little effect but with time or without paint, the biofilm will slow down the boat

Fuel capacity on the 2520xl is 175 gallons.
Don't be concerned with speed at WOT, it's irrelevent, doesn't make sense to operate in that fashion.
Do concern yourself with operating perimeters at cruising speed.
Consider a fuel management guage, be it Yamaha's $$, or after market.

Best advise you were given was not to worry about top speed at WOT.

Parkers weren't meant to be run at WOT. Sure the motor is capable of doing that but why push it?

I have a 250 on mine and at 5500 with a full tank, I'm doing just under 35 mph.

What kind of prop do you have on her? That could make a difference.

My boat is happiest at 4800 rpm. At those rpms I'm running 28- 30 mph. I run a 4 blade rev 4, raised 2 holes up.

Hey Other Line-

What are you burning an hr at your crusing speed?
I'm starting my weekend fishing tomorrow, seems like I'll be more efficient ( quick test ride last w-e), since I finally changed my filter in the VST tank over the winter.
Was doing about 21 knts at 13-14 GPH, but my vessel is loaded for bear, with ice and gear, anchors, sinkers,etc.,etc.,etc.!!
Seems like it maybe better this season.
Thanks,
Steve/Reel Job :?:

I had a good chance to put some time on the boat this weekend and got to play around with speed and rpm.
The performs well @ 4800 to 5000 rpm and runs about 26 to 28 mph, and is real nice right around there. Thanks for the advice and suggestions. Let the fishing begin.. My friend picked up a 41 in 25 lb stripper in narragansett bay out side our marina so I guess it is time to hit it hard and see what we get...

Back