2520 xl vs. 2520 xld for eastern Long Island

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2011 2320sl 225 yahm I know you are tall so 2520sl is the way to go.I drift Lake Erie 2'-4' waves are not uncommon I feel safe and comfortable in my dv. The wife and I go out early so sitting in the pilot house drinking coffee is nice. I also like docking puting poles and deck chairs into the cabin shutting the door and leaving is a +. I would only say Seaspension, I talked to the Parker dealer he said you can have them as a option from Parker now. I previously had a 27' Baha Cruise cat the Parker with the Seaspension pedestal rides better in 2'-4'ers than the cat (9600#). One more thing the fuel burn is great 10-11gal at 27mph 3900-4200 rpm

I think you can run the 25dv with a single 300 can't you? Probably not the fastest boat but not bad. If money's no object the DV does not draw much more water, it will roll more but it's 9.5' wide so it should be pretty stable. The 23 I think is where you'll see more issues since it's only 8.5' wide. The mod V is great on gas and runs well with a 250.

Brian S":19et9w7f said:
TunaJoe":19et9w7f said:
Im out in California, so Im not sure if my boating conditions compare.

I had a 2007 2520XL with a 250 Yamaha 4 stroke and I loved it!
Super stable, great economy, only one engine to service.
It did pound a bit in a swell, but everything in boating is a trade-off

Did you sell your boat?

I did.
October 2011.
Recently bought a 23 Steiger Craft with a Honda 250

Miky,
My homeport is Southold NY. Presently keep the whaler at Albertsons (next to Port of Egypt) which is on the bay side just west of Greenport. TunaJoe was just at the steiger factory and spoke with Al and his son Connor. Great guys and an awesome boat. Wish they would build the pilothouse with 6'4'' of headroom and I would own one tomorrow. That being said my buddy ordered the 23' so I'll suffer through squatting a little in his boat :).

I'll offer anyone here a ride on my Parker 2520dv with a single 250hp Yamaha, then let me know if its underpowered. It's not! Trust me.

John I might take you up on that-I'll handle the gas end. I could kill two birds with one stone as my friend also lives in Madison. Thank you very much for the offer and when it's convenient for you let me know. Cell 516 578 5448. Have a great day. PS- I kinda remember you from your days on continuous wave before you went to the dark side :). Hope to be joining you to as a former whaler owner turned Parker owner. Cheers

John_Madison CT":1bf3kuve said:
I'll offer anyone here a ride on my Parker 2520dv with a single 250hp Yamaha, then let me know if its underpowered. It's not! Trust me.

Its only not underpowered until I pass him. :mrgreen: John has seen me drive.

But seriously, I think you will be surprised with John's boat and the deep v hull.

If I'm around, maybe we could compare both boats on the same day, I have always wanted to go for a ride on John's 2520.

Would be cool to get Mod V in there to.

You gents are awesome. I've enjoyed reading about Parkers on this sight and can tell by the posts that the members are a close knit fraternity. If the boat rides happen to be on a day your fishing, I'll feed the Capt. and fish as well :). Thanks again and hope to meet up with you gents this upcoming boating season.
Cheers, John

JRR7127":3jhlu76r said:
John I might take you up on that-I'll handle the gas end. I could kill two birds with one stone as my friend also lives in Madison. Thank you very much for the offer and when it's convenient for you let me know. Cell 516 578 5448. Have a great day. PS- I kinda remember you from your days on continuous wave before you went to the dark side :). Hope to be joining you to as a former whaler owner turned Parker owner. Cheers

I'll be in the water in early April, so anytime after that. Come on down !! :mrgreen:

I have a 2006 2510xl I am going to be keeping in niantic this coming summer if you want to take a ride

Thank you John and Zippy. I'll be putting my boat in the beginning of April. Hopefully by the end of the fishing season I'll have a Parker in my slip... For now I'll have to rough it out with the 18' Outrage. :)

Bryan have you ever tried to get up on plane on one engine? Or anyone else with a dv hull with twins tried before? Its pretty apparent the mod v boats can do it no problem, I have always wanted to know.

Can't do it because of the props.

The pitch on twin engine boats are higher than single engine boats. If I carried low pitch props you probably could but you would stress that engine alot for very little gains.

Back