2520 XLD on order

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, thank you for the follow up! Did you just through bolt them to the cabin wall?

Also, what do you have your Hal-lock secured to on the gunnel?

Yes, they are through bolted with stainless washers on the interior. Rigged with lighter mono for the first 6" or so as a breakaway in case the teaser gets engulfed by something large. The hal-lock has a carabiner type clip at end of the shock bungie that attaches to an arch shaped metal clasp that is screwed to the gunwale with two screws. That's bout as descriptive as I can be, but they are included in every outrigger rigging kit I've seen. Hope this helps. Here is an example. http://www.tackledirect.com/tigress-886 ... AvsU8P8HAQ

I run the teaser line through the first eyelet on the outrigger which lines up well with my flat lines. Allows them to be reeled up to hang out of the way when gaffing a fish.

Howdy, do you have the West Coast bow Rail? Any problems with LED reflection off the rail nose? On the 2520 I recently traded I had a single center mounted remote spotlight that reflected off the rail nose. On my new 2820 I was planing on mounting 2 spotlights, one on each front corner of the roof to avoid the nose glair, just wondering how yours works. My last 2510 had the standard rail and glair was not an issue. Thanks

I do have a west coast rail. Don't have an issue at all with glare. The roof contour on mine, because it is not flat, dictated that it had to be further forward to mount level. Luck in this case instead of good planning resulted in that distance being perfect to use the roof like a cap bill. I bought a cheap brand light off amazon. It's showing some signs of corrosion, but not through the paint yet. For what I paid for it, I can put one on every 3 years if that's all I get out of it and still be money ahead from the cheapest marine spot lights or name brand LED's. Might be able to wire brush and paint. The spot\flood aspect of the light is what makes it nice. It shines out further than I expected with the spots in the middle and I've had an LED on my side by side for a while. The flood's fill in toward the sides well. Guessing you get about 120 degrees of light. Let me know if you have any other questions. Congrats on your new sled!

Back