25se and 28dvcc interior transom question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathfinder11

Reaction score
Why did/does Parker leave an opening along the interior transom floor to the bilge?

Both of my rigs have a lip off of the floor maybe 4-5 inches high and then there's a space between the transom fishbox and storage. If a large amount of water were to enter the boat it would drain into the bilge and flood it before it could exit through the scuppers?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Has anyone enclosed the area in so water cannot get into the bilge? Is there a reason not to do this?

Thanks

Why did/does Parker leave an opening along the interior transom floor to the bilge?

They don't on the older models. Don't know why they do it on the late model units, except that it may have something to do with the way the mold goes together with the fish boxs and stuff?

Personally I don't like that opening. It's small, so it would make it a pain to clean.

Here you can see the bottom edge of mine....But there is no plumbing / fishbox's / livewell back there.

100_4331.jpg

100_3929_zps0ff000ea.jpg

I've got a newer 25 SE and I'll have to look at it next time I'm down. Because I don't remember seeing anything like you've described. Will get back to you.

Back