25SE in Florida, good idea?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearohs

Reaction score
I am looking heavily at a 25SE with a single 300HPDI.
I fish primarily out of Tampa bay, running inshore and offshore, drifting passes for tarpon, etc.

Can anyone tell me what their opinion of this boat in choppy, not rolling seas would be etc?

Any insight to how the single 300 performs with it?

What year is the 300? Certain years had problems, my buddy had a 300 HPDI on his grady and it blew up last year and there is a big investigation going on right now with it between Yamaha, the service center and his insurance company. Do your research on that engine.

yea its an 04.. ive done a lot of research and know the risk.. I just dont know if this boat will be offshore worthy enough.. in my head i know length is key in short tight chop and trim tabs.. nothing beats length.. but we arent going in 4ft seas anyways, so its not like i need some crazy "the deadliest catch" boat.. im a weekend warrior...

I own a 1991 25se cc with a 2007 df300.It rides good in a wave induced chop with tabs,it likes to run with more bow down.If you are in the gulf with rollers then you won't like it as it has a tendancey to just fall off the back of the roller and slam you.I run mine more in coastal waters(1-3ft waves) of S.E. Louisiana waters and when i do get into the situation of rollers instead of waves i have a hard time getting it to ride good ,even with full tabs and trimming.
Great boat to fish out of.It is very stable and and "cheap " to run.I cruise at 4400 @34mph/11gal/hr.It is easy to clean and not much mainteance needed for the hull.
any more questions feel free to ask.

Back