2820 Diesel Inboard

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhhhhh, 24-knots is 26.7 mph. No boat can run at speed in any seas, but recall that THE BEST riding hull that Powerboat Reports EVER tested was the 28' diesel inboard Albin Tournament models, with their inboard 26' CC in 2nd place.

For the canyons, who can run flat out @ > 30mph all the time?

If I had the funds ... THAT Parker would be my next boat. I think that's a STEAL if in good condition!

:shock: Nice :shock:
they should have a "drool" icon

cpenrose278":2f7iub8t said:
But also like i said, it being a '99 do you guys think the motor and hull would be in good condition.
FWIW my '92 is in mint condition. But to answer your question, only a marine survey can answer that. Look up Bob Dunkleberger, a marine surveyor from NJ.

Ok thanks. By the way the only reason I ask so many questions is because as you might know from other topics im only 12. My dad doesnt seem too convinced about this boat :| he likes the boat but doesnt know about the inboard and the overall condition of the boat. Hes not the handiest person and I know more about boats than him.

For the canyons, who can run flat out @ > 30mph all the time?

Not for nothing, I know theres a lot of boats out there that run well over 30 mph cruise to the canyons, given moderate and expected 2-3s and 2-4s dont turn into a quick 3-5.

Great looking boat, diesel power is real nice, but that engine hatch just takes up way to much room for my liking.

pmeggers":10aij7bf said:
Not for nothing, I know theres a lot of boats out there that run well over 30 mph cruise to the canyons, given moderate and expected 2-3s and 2-4s dont turn into a quick 3-5.
Uhhhhhhhhh, duh ... those 2-3 and 2-4s are chop and waves ... not "seas" ;) haha!

well actually now that I look at the pics, the hatch isn't "THAT" huge i mean looks like a good foot foot and a half around it.

Just passed a guys house that had a parker or parker look a like. And they had a what I think was a contender. Our neighbor said it was for sale yesterday and we looked and saw no for sale sign. The pilot house had a very short pilot house. There was a lot of room though in the back.looked about 24 to 28 ft long although the contender type boat almost dwarfed it. Any i deas of what it could be?

I would think that boat would be underpowered with a single diesel.

Hungry1":2dmsy2wo said:
I would think that boat would be underpowered with a single diesel.

Probably not as fast at WOT as a gas motor, but certainly not underpowered either.
So long as the wheel is matched well with the peak torque of the motor, she should perform well, especially at cruise.

Another advantage with a diesel is that big chunk of iron low in the hull.
It gives a diesel inboard a ride advantage over an outboard powered boat.

Advantages and trade-offs...
Just goes to show that there is no such thing as the perfect combo. :wink:

We cant ask the owner because theres no for sale sign or anything. We also dont have his phone number. The only thing we have to go off of is that our neighbor said it was for sale. He also has two boats and it would make sense for him to sell one.

Back