2820 owner since 2006

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I bought my 2820 new in 2006 and set it up for diving. I'm based out of the Destin Harbor in Florida but I move the boat between there and the Florida Keys. I've added a lot of custom aluminum to the boat most specifically for diving and some dual purpose. The Cobia Tower has a full controls, chairs, buggy Bimini, and 1/4 deck Bimini useful for fishing and keeping track of divers bubbles. For diving I've added a dive ladder with a platform, a T rail over the engines and center cockpit bench that holds 4 tanks and five spear guns. The navigation is all Furuno, NaveNet TZ touch, auto pilot and VHF radio.

Dave

Dave,
I would love to see more pictures of your setup. Especially the ladder for the tower. I have been trying to figure out the best way to do mine. I also do a lot of diving.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 225
I'll try to take some up close pix of the ladder for the tower.

Here's some pix of the dive ladder.

Attachments

• Ladder1.jpg
    Ladder1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 215
I edited your posts and fixed the orientation of the pictures ... Nice setup!

Trailer Parker,

Great setup that's awesome, that dive ladder most be breeze to get out of the water with. All, I have is a six tank rack (3 on each side) and a six tank holder in the middle. I had a six pack the day I took the picture all with 100cu tanks(12 tanks, 6 divers and myself). Parkers are great dive boats, but you also need the HP to push all that weight. That's the only reason, I got the 28 and not a 25.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 207
Surface Interval:

I'll be in key Largo this winter, not sure when. Hope to see you out if I go that far north.

I think of the Parkers as a blank canvas. I'm pretty exited to see that there is a forum just for Parkers that's not ran by the manufacture. I'm planning on posting more since the cold fronts are going to be moving through.

Back