290 million dollar yacht

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelyNauti

Reaction score
Montauk lat 41.04'18.33N lon 71.55'33.05 W
Saw this on another site , love it

The yacht was off Sausalito.s . Notice the opening in the rear. That's where they store their $1 million "dingy" and other toys.

This thing has garage doors!!!!! nice

"60 Minutes" did a piece on this yacht owner. They interviewed Mikhail Pakarov, he is a tall, slender 45 year old and the wealthiest man in Russia. He is single and quite a sports fan. He just purchased a pro basketball team in the U.S. The team has a terrible rating, but he doesn't care. He loves all sports and challenges. He was in the right place, at the right time, knew the right political people when Russia's politics collapsed and gained ownership of good things. Most of the time he doesn't even know where his yacht is. Besides his two banks, he owns the largest copper, silver, platinum foundry in Russia. I don't think Mikhail's ship would fit where I keep my little Stripper. Now WB might have such luxurious space. Happy Trails and tight lines everyone.

Attachments

• $390 Million Russian Yacht 003.jpg
    $390 Million Russian Yacht 003.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 632
I guess this thing was in LA just a week or so ago.
Cool,but......it aint no PARKER :wink: :lol: :lol:
MJ.

That thing is "uglier than home-made sin"! It seems he could have bought something that appeals to the eye with $290m. Someone could photoshop a Parker decal on the picture and spruce her up a bit!

The hull type is called a "tumblehome" hull. You folks from the north east might have read that the Raytheon company has the prime on a new Navy destroyer class with a similar hull type (won the job in about 2001-2002 from what I recall). Check out the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumwalt_class_destroyer

-Matt

That is Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko’s yacht, the 'A'. Built by Blohm + Voss german shipbuilding which is the same place Roman Abramovich's Eclipse was built. Mikhail Prokhorov, is the Nets owner and commodities billionaire. The Solemar is his yacht.

These guys are cruising large any way you slice it.

Back