3rd trim tilt motor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam3

Reaction score
I have put 2 trim tilt motors in my 0x66 225 in 3 seasons and it just stopped working again any one have this problem or no what could be causing this its $ 1000 every tjme

Yep.....Your paying someone to do it and the rebuilt motors they are using are of a cheaper variety.

I have my neighbors boat in my yard right now to replace the original rusted out one on a OX66.

I replaced the one on my 95 250 yamaha 2 stroke. Had to do it twice due to motor failure.... but the guy warranted the motor that I bought it from.

ARCO marine is in Pensacola,Fl. where I live. Their stuff is more expensive than what is bought as a rebuild on Ebay.... but it seems to hold up better.

both were new first was sierra I got 2nd was from a mechanic it was new he said my selinoid clics so does that mean its the motor again or is there a further test

he said my selinoid clics so does that mean its the motor again

Don't know....further testing would be in order to confirm what is wrong.

Battery could be low ? That is where I'd Start.

its the trim I called airco they don't make mine but said the after market ones like mine are not dependable that for sure so he sent me to boats .net 550 for Yamaha that's 200 cheaper than I could find it will be here tues free shipping to thanx for the advice again

sam3":87btlqnq said:
he said my selinoid clics so does that mean its the motor again or is there a further test

You probably have this resolved by now, since this is a month old post. If I kept changing out motors, and they fail intermittently, and the same solenoid was still installed, I would scrutinize the solenoid a little closer. Just because it "clicks" doesn't mean it's 2 large contact posts are being bridged internally. The contact metal inside the solenoid (sometimes silver plated) could be wearing out from normal arcing. If this fails again and all you get are "clicks", just bridge the solenoid's 2 large posts on the outside of the solenoid housing. Be careful not to bridge either of them to any frame metal, as this is usually the opposite polarity (ground). Although you can't get electrocuted with 12 volts, you can get a nasty burn from glowing metal/wires that short to ground and get stuck there.

we did do that I now have a new yamaha part it definitely works better than the other one ever did but thanx for the advice

Back