4200 & 5200

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Paul

Reaction score
Does anyone have a method where you can put the cap back on a tube of either of these products and not have the hole glog up so that you cannot use it again. I am sick and tired of buying tube after tube.

Thanks

Not really any way around it, I take a drill bit and drill out the first few inches of the tube each use and that usually works.

Try this ... :D when done, squeeze out a good inch or 2 and tightly cap the tube immediately! These products cure when exposed to air, so when using it if you goop out some, but then release pressure on the tube and it goes back into the tube, that portion will begin to cure!

My regimen now is that I squeeze out the amount that I need to use onto a pice of plastic and cap the tube immediately! Then I use a small piece of scrap wood or wood tongue depressors/stirrers to put it on the item needing to be bedded. This prevents the goop from going back into the tube to spoil. I too keep it in the refridge.

Oh, and it is only $6 a tube at Home Deport, not $13 for the same tube at West Marine ...

Thanks Dale. I will give your method a try. I knew someone other there must know something that I did not.

I am going to skip the fridg part. I''ll just buy more 5200 and pay a premium before I listen to all the racket my wife would say about having caulk in her fridg.

Mike Paul":28o4qo60 said:
I am going to skip the fridg part. I''ll just buy more 5200 and pay a premium before I listen to all the racket my wife would say about having caulk in her fridg.

I put mine in my beer fridge.
Beer, bait, and boat products go in MY fridge. :D

Megabyte":1au69u03 said:
Mike Paul":1au69u03 said:

(I put mine in my beer fridge.
Beer, bait, and boat products go in MY fridge.) :D

AMEN..............

Back