89 SC restore progress

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ree Ree

Reaction score
Making progress

Attachments

• DSC07076.JPG
    DSC07076.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC07077.JPG
    DSC07077.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC07078.JPG
    DSC07078.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 249
Look like fun. I think these older hulls are the best. Keep the pictures coming, what are your plans for motors?

ParkerJr":1sa3aice said:
Look like fun. I think these older hulls are the best. Keep the pictures coming, what are your plans for motors?
Old mod-V hull ... a Suzuki DF250 spinning that big 16" wheel will give you the best performance! Looking at recent performance posts, I'm getting a good 1/2-mile better MPG at the same speeds as the Yam 300.

Love these project posts. 8)

Your rear station pedestal looks like it was set up similar to mine.
My boat didn't have a rear station when I bought it. Dale found this one listed on another site and I bought it.
Mine came off of a 25 C-Hawk that initially lived here in the Chesapeake, but went to Florida to be used as a dive boat.
The new owner removed the rear station to gain room for dive tanks.

Notice that my controls are reversed from the way Parker factory rigs them.
The motor controls are on top and the wheel is on the slant, just like yours.
I actually prefer this arrangement. I'm guessing that you do too.

I had my dealer do the installation during the winter layup, and had them mount the pedestal a little more rearward than the factory mounts theirs.
That gave me better access to the washboard going forward, and allowed me to be in better position to tend to my trolling lines and outriggers.
A side benefit is that it uncovered the spring line cleat allowing me to wrap the spring without any obstructions while docking.

Love watching your progress and photos! :)

Attachments

• DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 117
Back