9.9 kicker motor is it worth keeping

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam3

Reaction score
I have 2310 with 225 and a9.9 kiker how well does a 9.9 push this boat is it worth keeping for trolling

Most kickers (with the right prop) will push you at about 6 knots tops.

If I had one, I'd keep it and use it while trolling.
My 225 OX66 tends to push me too fast @800 rpm while trolling for Rockfish.

It's the 1st thing that I couldn't wait to get off this boat. Sold it for a Quick $500.

100_4018.jpg

100_4016.jpg

YES I have a 2320 with 9.9 h/t I will troll 5-7hrs a day. I can't see putting that time on a 225 4s, if you don't troll thats another story :lol:

I have more than 2300 hours on the kicker. Tied to the main engine and hooked up with the autopilot I can run it all day and use less than 5 gals of gas--like stealing money. I set the ap then go about relaxing and playing captain. I feel like the Mars rover rolling around seeing the sites...

Phil":3vw5x7ga said:
I have more than 2300 hours on the kicker. Tied to the main engine and hooked up with the autopilot I can run it all day and use less than 5 gals of gas--like stealing money. I set the ap then go about relaxing and playing captain. I feel like the Mars rover rolling around seeing the sites...
Phil how do you tie the 2 motors? thats what I am going to do. I looked at tie bars but whant to disconnect kicker from main when using main

Back