A few too many Ponder beers yesterday

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
had a spot on top of the dash/helm that was asking for something but wasn't quite sure. thought it would be nice to have a spot to throw keys and things. a trip to the salvage yard and a piece of teak yelled my name. another beer and the rest his history. the teak will look better after i oil it up.

Sweet!

A man after my own heart .... err, I mean ... nice to see someone else likes brightwork ;) !

Jim, Opti, great job, super idea!

You know I hadn't thought about doing that until you guys posted those pics. I did similar treatment to our big towboat.

Now there is another worthwhile project that has to be added to the list of projects on my Parker :D

Attachments

• Chloe dash prt 01 (Small).jpg
    Chloe dash prt 01 (Small).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,218
nice.....now you got me thinking about putting down some non-slip matl in the tray. i'll try it bare and see how it goes. 8)

i just realized.........that's 3 pieces of teak on my boat.......i'm out of control. :shock:

We must be thinking alike, I love it cuz it gives me a place to throw my keys etc. Good Job!

Attachments

• Parker (Small).JPG
    Parker (Small).JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,199
cool swivel on the Garmin too. sometimes i like to position it so every can see the screen......the ETA kind of deflects the "are we there yet" comments.

Jim, great idea and nice work. At first I thought that was snow in your driveway...
wayne

the bigger door opening= sawzall special.....over and down and you are done. takes about an hour. the biggest expense was having a curtain w/zip up door made. would have cut the whole thing out but my wife insisted i leave her back rest in place......kind of glad i did......the look has grown on me.

finally got it spiffed up.........

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,151
optimaxfish":31240hff said:
The proper Carolina Boat needs correct doses of teak, electronics, power............

and flare..........................

proper_helm_2_small_114.jpg

a wet boat......OMG look at that spray :shock:

Can you have too many ponder beers :?: :D

I like the ideas I've seen...
For those looking for some non-slip, try this mat from Rubbermaid.
It's sold as a shelf liner for glassware.

Image-0EC2D931F14A11D8.jpg

Back