A Realistic Asking Price for my 1988 25 sport cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainJim

Reaction score
So the long story short:

I injured myself pretty seriously this winter and I'm getting surgery on my foot next week. Realistically I'm looking at 8-12 weeks of no walking or driving, and obviously boating, which puts me into june and july. I haven't paid my slip bill yet (thank god) and I've found out my disability benefits are FAR FAR FAR less than expected (I live in NJ, which pays very respectable short term disability benefits, but I work two jobs, one in NY one in PA, both full timish).

I'm thinking it makes the most sense to sell my boat rather than let it sit on the trailer all summer, and in 2012 buy something else. Maybe another parker, maybe something else. I'm also going to sell my 04 Dodge ram 1500 hemi tow rig, since I won't be needing it (upkeep on a pickup is far more per year than boat storage / hauling). Saving what I can, I will probably have a sizable down payment on a newer and smaller boat.

Looking for what a reasonable asking price is for my boat. Blue book values on parkers as you all know do not reflect current market value.

The boat surveyed in '04 for $22,000 with no trailer when i bought it. The boat is set up for 6 pack chartering, I chartered the boat casually for 3 seasons.

1988 Parker 25' Sport Cabin (souwester etc), Modified Vee, Notch Transom
2001 200hp Yamaha HPDI (stored until 2004) approx 500 hrs, runs like new, digital gauges
2004 Venture roller trailer, 6500lb capacity, with surge disc brakes ($3800in 2004)
Raymarine DSX600 color fishfinder
Navman / northstar 6600 color chartplotter w/ New jersey - Massachussetts Cmap chip
Powerwinch FreeFall windlass with 450' 1/2" line, 13lb danforth anchor on bow roller
2x49 gal fuel tanks, rocket launchers on P/H
Kicker Motor Bracket (No kicker motor, not needed)
2x VHF radios
Remote Spotlight
6 adult 2 child Type 1 Offshore PFDs
new in '10: 2x Group 27 AGM batteries, New Water Pump, Thermostats, Fuel Filters, Spark Plugs, Bilge Pump, rod racks galore in pilot house, sony stereo with P/H and cockpit speakers, 300 feet 1/2" anchor line

Dance floor has 2 minor soft spots, one near the bilge hatch and one near the stbd fuel tank inspection port

Any help is appreciated. i am going to try and sell it locally however when I decide to sell it for sure I will definately make a post in the for sale secton.

I agree. $15 - 16k seems to be reasonable. THe soft spots on the deck will hurt you as a seller since a buyer will look at this as a $2k repair bill.

Sold this very close to asking price last spring without a problem and I am in the town right next to you. I put it on bass barn, the hull truth, craigslist, in the salty dog and had a sign in the front yard. 1st buyer came from the sign and the final buyer came from The Salty Dog. Had some calls from craigslist. It took about 10 days to sell.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8505

Wow thanks man. I have an offer from a guy i do boat deliveries with, but its not quite what I want. My boat is nearly identical to yours aside from power and a trailer. I'm starting to feel a bit better about having to sell, next fall I'll be looking to replace it with something a little less likely to beat my brains in in a head sea. We might have seen each other out there, I was docked in Shore Haven on beaver dam creek.

Back