ADC Chartbook

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply CapeCodFrank. Are the Richardson Charts Available in the Bait & Tackle Shops in Falmouth?

Some shops carry them, but I suggest West Marine. There is a West Marine in Falmouth, as well as one in Hyannis. Is this something I can help you with?

For the Richardson charts... there is one book that covers Cape Cod Canal to Kittery ME. It also includes the Outer Cape (P-Town, Truro, etc). I use it when heading into Cape Cod Bay. The other book covers Buzzards Bay, South Cape and the Islands, including Vineyard Sound and Nantucket Sound. Check out http://www.richardsoncharts.com

Thanks CapeCodFrank: Here is my situation: I have a 2520XL Parker and I use it on the Chesapeake Bay. Mt son wants my wife and I to move to the MASS area, he lives in Westwood. So I would think that I would by or rent in Westwwod Area but would like to fish in the Cape Cod area. I don't think I would have to live there. I.E. I'm not sure what I would do. Do the Marinas in the Mass coast have Lift Slips or are they all wet slips. I am going to check the West Marine Catalog for the Richardson Charts.

First, I would check out a map of the area. Westwood is not on the water, so you will have a drive to get to your boat. You also have to contend with Cape summer traffic, so I see no real reason to get a marina on the Cape... unless you want to... Summer traffic leading to the Cape is very bad. From what I can see, you could might find a marina in the Situate, Marshfield, Duxbury, Plymouth area. You could then fish Cape Cod Bay, which holds bluefish, striper, and the occasional blue-fin tuna. When I fish there, it is mostly tube&worm trolling, especially in the mid-summer. Not much groundfish, in my experience. You could also head to Provincetown and fish Stellwagen Bank. The other option is to find a marina on the west shore of Buzzards Bay... Marion, Mattapoiset, Dartmouth, or New Bedford. Fishing on Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound is usually pretty good all season. Stripers migrate through in the spring and fall, and can be found mid-season in Vineyard sound. Buzzards Bay also has great bottom-fishing: Black Sea Bass, Tautog, and Fluke. Bluefish are usually around, and there is the occasional Albie blitz when the water warms up late summer. And of course, the Cape Cod Canal is pretty easy to transit, so there are lots of options. So if it were me, wanting to live in Westwood, I would let traffic and access to the boat determine where I kept it. And to answer your question, all wet slips or moorings. I keep my boat at Kingman in Bourne Ma. I have a mooring that rents for $2500 for the summer. Slips for my Parker 2510 would run about $5500 for the summer. Hope this helps.

Sommertime

I live in Mass "South Shore"
About 45 Min from Westwood
"CapeCodfrank" is right on as far as the ride south from Westwood in the summer time
Also you would only be about 45 min away from Quincy bay, Boston Harbor, and Boston island in harbor fishing

I have a slip at http://www.hinghamshipyardmarinas.com/

Put your mouse on the picture click the expand tab on right,
hold the left mouse botton down and move it around for a full view

Im at the docks on far left the call Landfall marina same place just what they call that section "deepwater slips"
Farthest away from all the store ect,, Very reasonable
No traffic for you and your right in the middle between Boston proper and fishing the outer and inner island and south shore
Great striper , Blue and Cod fishing also Flounder and black sea bass
You should at least have your son or yourself check it out "Great place"
And if you want to got to stellwagan it takes me about 50min at 4000rpm
Tuna, shark, Cod, Pollock, haddock , cant keep the striper caught on the bank

Red square were there at

Attachments

• bostonharbor2.jpg
    bostonharbor2.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 240
Great replies. I now need to digest all this info. I didn't mention that I am retired and will fish mostly during the week days. However, I have two grandchildren who live in Westwood that I am sure are going to want to fish. Thanks everyone the info you have given me is extremely helpful.

Bill of SommerTime

Back