Aftermarket trim/tilt unit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsw

Reaction score
Took a shot at replacing the dust seals on my trim cylinders this past weekend. I guess it was an omen when I spent 2 hours unfreezing the manual release valve before I could get started. End caps soaked in PB, hit it with heat, broke 3 sets of pins on the OEM spanner, 18" breaker bar, electric impact driver. Those suckers are really holding on. So figure I'll use it as-is until the inner seals start to leak and then come up with a new plan.

Anyone have any experience, directly or indirectly, with these (hopefully the link works)? I always see Sierra in the catalogs. Looks like these are going for about $1100. Less than half the cost of the Showa.

http://www.sportfishermen.com/board...im-motor-3-ram-1997-up-18-2445-a-2021157.html

I had to replace my seals on the starboard side lift piston as well they where leaking .
I didn't have a spanner wrench but there is enough room to get a big set of channel lock pliers on the edge of the cap and some real good pressure . It came right off with a good pull or two and nothing happened to the cap anr replaced the seals and the piston rod looked good to. We did my friends as well but his needs a piston because it was all pitted and that is what tore the seal.

I'd say $200 to $300 for a pro to fix it properly would be $$ well spent. Or put a call into Cook Mfg Company, who sells the aftermarket CMC power trim/tilt as a jackplate setup and see what they can do to handle the hp of the OB you have ...

I have used CMC power t/t units on 2 boats and they're BULLETPROOF!

Thanks for the feedback. I've got a few calls out to see if I can hire the repair out. Problem is I'm about 90 minutes away from the boat, so my time is limited to really monkey with this the way I'd like. And, I'm already late in splashing. Hopefully get there next week to finish up my regular maintenance and make 1 last try with this if I get no call backs. I've got all the end cap parts, including new caps, to do what needs to be done. Just being careful to do this in such a way as to not make it a bigger job than it may already be.

Thanks for the leads Dale. Good to know there are other options out there. To go OEM ain't cheap.

John

'04 2120 - Yam 150TXRC

Back