Air Conditioning 2520xl

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdevil

Reaction score
This is the first year with my [new to me ] 2520 xl 225 yamaha and we love it . We have it in a slip and spend most weekends on it with the dog and the have been a few nights that it just gets real hot and muggy in the cabin . This past weekend I made up a heavy duty extension cable and ran it under the port side gunnel into the cabin where I bought a portable a/c unit from bj's and it fits neatly under the port side seat and out of the way. just need to vent it out the side by the area where the steps come in with a dryer style vent with louvers ,and it works great. added a power strip and have the coffee maker all set up for the morning . Took it out this past weekend and it didn't move around at all so no need to permenantly mount it in place.

The boat is an hour away from my home so I will take some good pictures this weekend and post them up.. calling for a hot one so I will see how good it realy works..

just got home from spending a weeks vacation on our parker and the a/c project came in handy this past week as it was hot. Worked real well and kept the cabin around 68 to 70 and real comfortable to sleep and get out of the heat while at the dock.

DSCN2581.jpg

DSCN2583.jpg

DSCN2584.jpg

DSCN2585.jpg

DSCN2586.jpg

unit fits under the port side seat and never mover at all while under way so I am not going to secure it to the boat, vent only will open about 2 inches with seat in place so while @ the dock I just popped the port seat off for the night and open it up fully.

Back