Albin 31 tournament express or 28 t.e.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdevil

Reaction score
Has anybody here ever been on or know about the Albin 31 tournament express or the 28 t.e.? I was looking at some picture of them online and they look like a real nice boat. Kind of like the parker ( pilot house boat ] but with alot more comforts. If anyone has any thoughts or comments about these boats I would like to here them.

Friend of mine has a 31, had a 28 before that, both REAL nice boats, what do you want to know??

I believe Dale is familiar with them as well.
He was looking seriously at one awhile back.

We are very happy with are 2520 and it is a great boat and having a great summer with it but we have to stay aboard it on the weekends and although not a huge problem it gets small quick and always moving stuff from night @ the dock to running around during the day. It would be nice to be able to have friends spend the night after a day out on the water. They look to have plenty of fishing room and nice quarters in the cabin, we are just looking into which boats would be like the parkers but have a little more comforts for staying on. Speed is not a huge factor but I do like the idea of a diesel motor and inboard instead of a gas i/o. I am just looking for some real world opinions and thoughts on what boats would work best for us and if anyone has had one. Hope to see a few up close @ the newport boat show to see if they are even what we are looking for. Thanks for comments good and bad....

Bryan 2530":17uwl3b8 said:
pmeggers":17uwl3b8 said:
very very slow

Compared to a 28 Regulator. :roll:

I went to atlantis in a 28alby a few weeks back. full load 18 knots. i seriously contemplated asking to be dropped off in block or having my buddy catch up and get me off the boat.

That is pretty slow , but there is a twin motor option in the 31 so I would hope it would have a better top speed than that. I would not be happy going that slow either. Talked with a 28 owner today and he was real happy with it but they are no speed demands.

HI

I would go with the 31-- tank

I owned a 28 for 7 years

If I had my choice would go with the 31

Issue is the hull colors-- if it is a colored hull- will cost you 10- 15000 to redo the hull

Also depends on the power and the year

Pls advise - I will help any way I can

FWIW an Albin 28 with single Yanmar of suitable HP will do for sustained 21-knot cruise. Now 24-mph might not be fast to some of you ... but that Albin hull will be able to turn screws for a 16+-mph run in seas that would have any Parker or Regulator on her knees and begging to turn around and head for the barn. Through 20+ years of publication, Powerboat Reports rated the Albin 28 TE as the #1 riding hull, followed by the Albin 25 (26?) inboard diesel CC as the #2 riding hull, regardless of sea state. In the test for the 28 TE, they said they kept it on plane in honest 8' seas off of Block Island (don't recall the speed) and that it was the best handling hull in a following sea they had ever tested.

Fast boats? Nope, but not slow either ... Some days a downeast hull will kick the pants of those Go Fasts.

Just don't buy a 28 TE with GM Penninsular diesels :shock: !

Still thinking about making the jump over but I was able to spend some time on a 28 flush deck and not overly impressed. I definitly would not give up my parker for the 28te, and we are still going to take a look at a 31te but i hope it shows better than its little brother. Now we are talking about a good size boat and I am not sure if for that kind of money the albin is the best bang for the buck. Any suggestions on boat brands thatmay be worth taking a close look at? The express style boats are nice but I really like having the enclosed cabin.

I think that 28 or 31 with friends overnighting is going to get very small very quick.
Think of it as all of you living in your kitchen at home.

Thanks for the reply but let me be a little more clear , I am not looking to entertain or live aboard just looking so have room to sleep another couple after a day out on the water and drinks at the dock. We spend our whole day in the back of the boat fishing and having fun so I love the size of the dance floor on my parker but just would like a few more comforts and room when the day is done,.
I love the downeast style and we are leaning that way and have an appointment to check out the 31 albin as well. I like the evans but it seems just like the parker, and the seaworthy is nice and will explorer
that as well. Heading to the boat show this weekend and hope to check out some other options as well as the brokarage books. Just want to see the best boat for my needs for my price range.
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments there are so many boats out there and I am not up on all the options and you guys are very helpfull and more knowledgable than I on the boating subject.

Went to the Newport show and looked at the 28TE and it was nice.Ken from Standish echoed what was mentioned earlier-avoid the Peninsula diesel.Said the Yanmar had been a good engine and pushes 18kt cruise @6.5GPH and a top about 24 which is not bad( going to a new v8 next year as the Yanmar is not compliant with upgraded regs.Look narrower due to height but actually wider than the 2520 and full width down below which is nice.Great boat for a couple or small family but no real privacy for a second couple.If we get back into some cruising as we did on the sailboat it would be a serious contender.

Might be a little bigger and more money than you were looking for, but take a peek at the Sabre 38.
http://www.sabreyachts.com/motor_yachts ... /index.php

I recently moved one from Annapolis to NYC and was surprised at how nice it handled.
Fuel economy was a surprise too. 11 gph per motor at cruise (22kts) running at 75% load.
Heck... I know some outboards that aren't that efficient.

Enough room below for the number of people you are looking for and rod holders too. :)
I was really impressed with this boat.

Attachments

• Sabre38-01.jpg
    Sabre38-01.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 535
  • Sabre38-02.jpg
    Sabre38-02.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 535
The Sabre is a beautiful boat and we looked at it today but is way out of my price range. Speaking of out of the price range but I think one of the nicest boats was the Wilbur Yachts made in maine. We talked with the builder and what a nice lay out for living, entertaining, and fishing pretty much anything. The are all hand made and beautiful. There are some real nice boats out there if you have a open checkbook but the pursuit 34 offshore and the edgewater 34 was real nice as well. Still going to take a closer look at the albin 31 in a couple of weeks the owner of standish boatyard is going to seatrial on with us so we can get the feel for the boat for ourself.

This is a very interesting topic. My family is in the same situation. We are looking for a new boat 26' to 30' for fishing and cruising, but needs to have better overnight accomidations than a 2820 Parker. We have looked a the 28 Albin TE but have not riden on one. Intered to see what you Parker guys can come up with, must have a price tag under 100k.

Back