Almost there!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaff

Reaction score
Have been visiting this site for months and am hopefully real close to being a new Parker owner, so just wanted to say hi and ask a question. Live in North Central Fla and fish most of the time offshore at Cedar Key and other Big Bend areas, as well as try to spend several weeks each summer chasing Dolphin in the Keys. Currently fish a 21' Century W/A and have fished the Gulf on a friend's 2520 over the years, which is what got me interested in Parkers and the Pilothouse idea, so figured it would be my perfect retirement boat. Am looking at the smaller 2320, for mainly towing to the Keys reasons, and am interested in hearing from other 2320 owners on how it handles in the 2-3' "boil" that seems to always exist in the Gulf. Likewise, comments on it's performance in the Keys would be great.

This site is great and addicting. The projects and advice are super and I'm really looking forward to being able to use the ideas and your advice. Thanks a lot

The boat will handle the 2-3 boil alot better than you will. Several guys on here travel out of tampa st pete area and there are some out of the keys. The 23 is a good hull design imo.

I have a 2120 and I'm heading to Islamorada in January. I have never been there and I'm not sure what I'm getting myself in to, but I'm bringing the boat and seeing what I can catch. I can let you know my thoughts on how it handles. Any hints you might have on where to catch fish would also be appreciated. I've been cruising many of the Florida fishing forums for information also.

Luv2fish, can't help you out much with fishing in January as I've never been there that time of year. I know the seas will probably be bigger than I'm use to in May & June when I'm there, and you'll probably be bottom fishing more than trolling for Dolphin. The Islamorada and Marathon areas are where I usually go and love it there. If you're bottom fishing, you can't miss the reef just a few miles off shore. You'll have a great time no matter what, as even a bad day fishing in Paradise is still a great time!Good luck, hope you do well.

The 2320 handles the Gulf slop pretty good. I fish in the northern Gulf (Carrabelle, St. Marks and Panama City). The ride of the pilot house may take a few trips for you to get a handle on how to take the slop (it took me a few trips). The pilot house is great if you have small children or grandchildren. A GMC 2500 Duramax handles the 2320 with ease.

Back