Anchor Chain Pulpit Storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradV

Reaction score
Was thinking about putting the anchor on the pulpit but was curious about what happens to the fiberglass between where the chain starts and goes into the line storage? does it get scratched up? Do you put something down?

You ask ... you gets ... see Capt Kevin's reply in this post, click here.

Image-1B49295C025011DB.jpg

My own solution is a bit more elegant like that, but could only be done as I switched my bow deck to a central Sampson post (bollard) in lieu of the two washboard-mounted cleats. I simply put a bungee (UV-rated non-elastic string one) from the chain immediately behind the anchor, around the sampson post, and then back up the chain to 'pull' on it and keep it tight. It is then suspended a good few inches above the top surface of the pulpit.

Wow ... lookie ... just found a picture of my set-up:

pulpit2_145.gif

By looking at the shadow of the chain, you can see the chain as it hangs above the pulpit surface. It doesn't hit even in serious seas, as I've no dents in the custom wood pulpit ... yet, that I made.

Bryan, Have looked every where for anchor cahin covering, such as yours. I like the fact that it is flexible enough to put in anchor locker without removing. Where did you find yours or did you make it? Thanks

The one you see in the picture is from an old shore power cord cover someone was throwing away at the marina.

I have since changed that one out for a sunbrella one because it was ripping.
I had a friend in the canvas business make it for me.

Back