Anchor Roller Replacement?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace the anchor roller on their boat before. I have a 2008 2520XL and need to replace the anchor roller. There is (4) screws that hold it down and what looks like 3M 5200 from the factory between it and the pulpit. I gave a good effort with many different tool combinations and it wont budge. I didnt want to get to rough, the pulpit is fiberglass. :cry: Any ideas?

Thanks
Catfish

Take a heat gun and or create a hot iron and touch it to stainless 5200 when heated becomes pliable u have to be carefull not to melt gel coat.....or do as did on my old boat....

Go to plumbing supply and buy 2 or 3 DIAMOND COATED CUTTING WIRE tools they r used for cutting plastic pipe in tight spots...

Pry up a little and start cutting it will be slow and it will work..

I did the redneck way big hammer!!! I acutally took a big steak knife and a 5lb sledge and slid the knife under the roller and started whacking. It ended up breaking the seal that the 5200 had and eventually you could just pry it up. I wasnt too worried about hurting the fiberglass underneath because it was getting covered anyways and i ended up using a grinding wheel to widen the channel anyways. Did you see the roller I added? It has a pivot point so the anchor doesnt get stuck any more.

after you remove the fasteners so that only 5200 is holding it, put a steady pressure on it and go to bed. in the morning it will be released. you can do this with a 2x4 up under it using the trailer jack stand to lower the bow onto the 2x4. don't over do it with the pressure.

BradV

No, I havent seen your anchor roller. Could you post another picture of it and maybe the make and model number. Along with your anchor size and information.

Thanks
Catfish

Also, Thanks to everyone who has chimed in with their information and help. Thats what makes this thing keep working! :wink:

I have the 22lb delta anchor with the custom roller that windline made for the 275 grady. It pivots. Its hooked up to 30' of chain and 300' of 8 plait line into a Profish 700 Lewmar windlass.

Attachments

• bow roller.jpg
    bow roller.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 397
I like it. Its all remote control. Its a pretty expensive one it was on the boat when i bought it. If i did it I would rather see it above the rub rail because it does cause an issue with the anchor that i resolved by putting on the different roller. But it is very bright and i couldnt imagine not having it.

Back