ANCHOR

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TILEMAN

Reaction score
Hello,
Would you tell me the size and brand of anchor you store in the anchor locker on a 2520 or 2501.
Thanks.
Pictures if you have them.
I have tried the West Marine #13 Danforth style and it is too large for the anchor locker.
I have tried the Fortress FX-17 and it is too large for the anchor locker. Both anchors will not allow the lid to latch. The smaller version of both anchors will fit the locker but I think they are too small for the boat. I do not want to mount the anchor on the bow. Any other suggestion before I try to contact Parker.
Thanks for your help.

Mine isn't in the anchor locker. Mine is on the pulpit.
Hydrobubble "Captains Choice".

web.jpg

Boat does not have a pulpit.

Attachments

• BOAT TRIP #2 832.jpg
    BOAT TRIP #2 832.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 496
when i had my Parker 23CC there was an issue with the stock of the anchor i liked being too long to fit into the indentations in the anchor locker.

i ended up trimming a little off each end of the stock for a custom fit. as far as the size for your 25, you'll need to take a measurement before you go shopping. 8)

Attachments

• anchor-parts.png
    anchor-parts.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 459
I think the anchor size is important
But the length of the chain is as equal if not more IMO
Too many people don't use enough chain to give the anchor a good lay
So if room is a issue I would up the chain length
I have a 10kg claw or Bruce with 16 feet of stainless 3/8 chain
On my 2120 SC not too much but enough
And its more compact then a plow or a danforth

Attachments

• Claw.jpg
    Claw.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 447
Tileman needs a danforth, the anchor lockers on Parkers only accept the stock from a danforth.

Unfortunately the 2530 has no locker or else I would get you a dimension.

the only other alternative i can think of if trimming the stock doesn't work for the size anchor you want, is to remove the anchor tray altogether which is very simple and takes about 20 minutes. i removed my tray when i moved the windlass from the factory location on the pulpit, to directly over the anchor door opening.

Attachments

• J3072x2304-06086.jpg
    J3072x2304-06086.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 403
  • J3072x2304-05412.jpg
    J3072x2304-05412.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 400
I have an anchor locker on my 2320, i can take measurements if needed. Like Bryan stated I have a Danforth and it fits perfectly. Let me know if you need specs

I called Parker today and they could not tell me a brand or size that would fit in the locker. I also called my local Parker Dealer and they said that this has been a problem for them. The anchors that fit in the locker are not large enough for the boat.

the tray is just a convenience item to hold the anchor in place and make it easy to grab and deploy. ditch the tray and put whatever size anchor you want into the anchor locker just like any other non Parker boat. sans the convenience of the tray you will need to reach down into the locker and pull the anchor out which will be laying on top of the anchor line instead of suspended above by the tray.

FWIW I bought a 18# danforth and trimed the stock on both sides. It fits fine inside the standard locker of a 2310 and the lid closes and locks.

I would have to cut the tray out to get the anchor inside. The hole in the tray is to small to allow the anchor to pass through. I would say that is not very convenient. Why have it if you can not use it.

Ditto on the anch. locker bemoan. I got a #13 and cut stock to fit the locker. The locker only holds a #8 , a 23'(28' overall) with the large t-top + console and some wind ( above 10 mph), off she'd go, mo chain didn't help . It neded the longer and larger shaft of a #13.

That whole locker size and draining into the bidge is a little off IMO for such a good design of the boat overall.

I had this issue with my 23se. The anchor I was most comfortable using was too long horizontally and vertically to fit in the locker. I then found one that was shorter, but still too wide to fit in the clamps...I used a hacksaw to cut it down.

Anchoring for me is a major PITA, as when I let out a lot of line, and bring it in, it builds up and the anchor wont fit. The solution ends up being burrowing a hole for the anchor where the line is coiled.

I often use a wreck anchor...here I just bring my orange ball, line, and wreck anchor all in a tub barrel from Walmart...bring home in the back of the truck when done.

Someone on here spoke about putting 4" PVC in the locker to accept the shank and coil the rode around.

Anyone recall the post?

Back