antenna shot?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda what I figured but had to ask, thanks!! It was a 4 footer, figured I just get that?... Dont see using it so much with cell phones, etc...

I wouldn't use the 4ftr......VHF is line of sight....The higher you get the better off you are.

Now.....Depends on where you are and what type of boating you do.

Here on the Gulf Coast where I'm at , Cell phones die at 11mi off shore.

Not everyone has your cell #.....and more than likely you don't have the guy's # that you can see a little ways away.

If a emergency arises....you want the closest person to get to you.... and you want them to hear you 5 X 5....

Brent, or anyone else.... do you know about them? I see walmart has the acr 406 for only 255... sounds like a deal...also, they have the 2880 or 2881 for about 40 bux more, any idea of the difference?...Thanks!

I bought ACR PLB resqlink plus 2 years and recently renewed the beacon registration. I keep it in ditch bag and don't have EPIRB for the boat. My boating area is only charlotte harbor florida and dont venture out far to date. Also have handheld in it. Determine your needs and boating habits. If I venture out far would both all plus shortwave radio with license. For safety plus to assist anyone I can safely. Alas stay with them . That is what a good boater does plus I always a short wave radio setup and ham license lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wart, installed the 529 tonight...let ya know the results...nifty little adapter makes things easy!

Back