Any progress on the 34-footer or...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
...has it been shelved because of high gasoline prices and the crappy economy?

Wonder if Parker has any plans for a straight (no outdrive) diesel with a prop pocket in any size?

No information here, but I would guess that the economy has things on hold for the present time.
I could be wrong though...

Megabyte":1fekrab2 said:
No information here, but I would guess that the economy has things on hold for the present time.
I could be wrong though...
I think you are DEAD ON ... did you see where Boston Whaler is laying people off and Brunswick Corp, who owns them, is DROPPING other brands?

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) - Boat maker Brunswick Corp. said Tuesday it will stop producing its Bluewater Marine brands and close a plant that employs 175.

"The U.S. marine industry has been in a prolonged slowdown since 2005," company Chief Executive Dustan E. McCoy said in a statement.

Consumers have cut back spending amid a difficult economy, especially on big-ticket items such as boats. McCoy said the company will focus on its Boston Whaler, Triton and Trophy brands and its sportfishing offerings from Hatteras, Cabo and Albemarle, as well as cost-cutting efforts.

Lake Forest, Ill.-based Brunswick will cease production on Bluewater Marine brands include Sea Pro, Sea Boss, Palmetto and Laguna with the upcoming 2009 model year, beginning July 1.

It will close its plant in Newberry, S.C., by the end of June. The move will save the company $9 million annually, Brunswick said. The company said qualified staffers will receive assistance in transitioning to other employment.

Brunswick will take a pretax charge of $25 million to $30 million in the second quarter to cover asset write-downs and other costs associated with closing the plant. Brunswick said in April that first-quarter profit plunged 71 percent, weighed down by weaker demand for boats and related products, while revenue fell 3 percent.

Yeah - that must be it.

I was hoping to at least see a picture of the darn thing. That size boat would be perfect for island hopping in Abaco, BH.

THere are very few express style boats (outboard) in the 30-35' range on the market that I like. One notable exception is the pursuit. and perhaps the Stamas oh and the Grady. Most others are missing key items.

Maybe they'll be kind enough to release a limited edition :)..

Cheers,
wp.

Back