Attaching aluminum ruler to boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Saw a clients Grady with the ruler part of a drywall t-square screwed into the supports on the side of his boat for fish measuring. Looked REALLY nice with big numbers. I'd like to do the same but am very leary of screwing into my 23SE. Any suggestions on best option here?

I'd use plastic over aluminum. The AL will corrode and the numbers will disappear. I'd use something like life-caulk or 4200 to glue it to the rail, 4200 if you want it to be semi-permanent. I'd avoid drilling holes if you don't have to.

Thanks Sparky. Was thinking i'd put it near the floor (maybe a few inches off) to facilitate quick measuring of a boated fish.

Better yet, buy the sticker that is available at most tackle shops, when it wears away, peel it off.

I carved numbers into my Bait board that I keep on the transom with a dremel tool then filled them with colored gelcoat.

Decal or use 3M double-sided tape, the kind that holds auto trim on cars, that'll hold it for sure!

mediawebserver

http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en ... QFX1PSM4bl

I used these to hold on a depth sounder transducer for testing...and easily removable.

Well i measured and the supports are approx. 5' apart.....too far for the 4' drywall square to span. Damn. Going to have to work up a different solution to this. Maybe standoffs...would need to buy starboard or whatever matches the gelcoat i guess.

Keep us posted on how this turns out with some pics Would love to see some pics on how others have done something similar....

And theres always industrial velcro from the local hardware store

I got this stick for free from the dept of fish and game, stuck to toe kick, one season use still good. I have seen some bad ruler jobs on boats, the kinda that reallt stick out, post some pics as still not 100% happy with this but the price was right.

Attachments

• July 23 stripers 002.JPG
    July 23 stripers 002.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 399
Well i cheaped out and just put the stick on type near the floor between the port rod holders/supports.

Energy now being devoted to getting a fishfinder i can actually see in the daytime (boat came with furuno fcv667) and loading gps with near shore shoal locations!

Back