Bait tank tabletop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzumi

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good ideas for either purchasing or building a tabletop to sit on top of the bait tank?

I suppose I could fashion a piece of starboard but what would you suggest to keep it tied down during use to still allow removal?

All ideas are much appreciated.

Oh, yeah. Has anyone got a good way/place to install an Eccotemp on-demand water heater on a 2520? I went diving on a Grady that had one and it was a lifesaver to be able to put hot water into the suit between dives.

Thanks!
John

I have fitted an Offshore Marine Products tank in my Parker. We fashioned a top that serves as a tackle prep area and cutting surface from STarboard. The bottom has a thick, firm closed cell foam plug that forms a friction fit into the top of the tank.

Tank_with_cutting_board_lid.jpg

Here is the tank after spraying Parker-supplied gelcoat...

Tank_with_gelcoat.jpg

Update: Rapala makes a very large cutting board and it is very economical.

I built one out of starboard and just used a couple pieces of treated 4x4 wood blocks screwed to the bottom for weight and friction to hold it there. I remove it totally if I need to fill the tank with bait otherwise I store my fenders and lines in there.

My next project is going to be a filet table about 2ft x 4ft that can replace the bait tank table or set on it and also stow flush under the gunnel between the stringers when not being used.

Back