Bait well on 23SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaLand

Reaction score
I have a new 2016 23SE and cannot figure out to cut the intake of the bait well when using the raw water wash down. I want to utilize the bait well as a cooler but lost 40lbs of ice when I didn't realize that the raw water spray was connected along with the well. Thought/assumed that the console switch would control each function. Guess not.

I called the dealer however was not very clear. First he said that there was a lever switch for each pump (bait well and water); at lease in mine, there is only one lever which flows to the pump for both well and raw spray. Then said to go to the side cover of the bait well itself and turn on/off; nothing there behind the round access hatch. Then said to look into the actual bait well; there are two black "devices", one for the actual spray direction and the other for god knows what.

Any help to run the well and spray would be great! Thanks in advance!!!!

I have a 2015 23se. I had a similar issue and a friend keyed me in to what to look for. (He has an Edgewater) Inside the live well where the water enters the enclosure. On mine it is on the port side. There is a shut off valve that enables you to shut the water off. I discovered the problem when my live well was filling up on its own when I was underway at speed. The valve solved my problem.

Congrats on the new boat!

Dave

Dave:

Appreciate the insight! Okay I think I get the idea of the valve "inside the port side" of the bait well. I have seen the same (I think) in mine. When looking inside the well, I noticed two (2) small nozzles on the port side. One looks like the out-take valve of raw water to bring/spray water into the tank; I can actually twist the nozzle to direct the water spray. Next to this nozzle is another nob which I assume is the actual turn off valve that you are referring to. Question, the nob is black and round, about 3/4" round. There is not a traditional lever valve that I would expect. How do you turn this off? Is it the normal, twist to the "right" to turn water intake off? While I am not at the boat, I wanted to get detailed directions from you when I get down there this weekend. Thanks again!!!

Goldiefish":3l9ymwjd said:
I have a 2015 23se. I had a similar issue and a friend keyed me in to what to look for. (He has an Edgewater) Inside the live well where the water enters the enclosure. On mine it is on the port side. There is a shut off valve that enables you to shut the water off. I discovered the problem when my live well was filling up on its own when I was underway at speed. The valve solved my problem.

Congrats on the new boat!

Dave

I had the same problem.2016 21 SE.I got in touch with parker.You have to turn Sea Cock valve off when traveling.Its the valve between the 2 pumps {live well pump and wash down pump}

Open the center compartment in the back transom,the one you open to turn the battery switch on.Look down and you will see the pumps for the salt water wash down and live well.On the 21SE they are on the Port side.The Valve lever is hard to see if its open as it is in a verticle position.You have to feel between the pumps or stick your head down there and look.When the Valve is open,the water fills the live well when traveling at fast speeds.

Checked my boat out today. Took a pic of the inside of my live well. Lever on water input solved my problem.

Attachments

• valve.JPG
    valve.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 191
My battery switch is actually exposed outside of the stern jump seats on the starboard side. I recall the dealer telling me that 2016 was the first year they had the switch on the outside for ease. When I look in the bilge area, which I assume you are referring to, there is one (1) main lever that seems to control the raw water pump for both the raw water spray and bait well. Thanks for the advice though.

saltwaterspecie":1snjnyk4 said:
Open the center compartment in the back transom,the one you open to turn the battery switch on.Look down and you will see the pumps for the salt water wash down and live well.On the 21SE they are on the Port side.The Valve lever is hard to see if its open as it is in a verticle position.You have to feel between the pumps or stick your head down there and look.When the Valve is open,the water fills the live well when traveling at fast speeds.

Goldiefish, I think this is the same setup inside my bait well. The nossles are on the inside port side.

Based on your photo, is the level the small black lever on the top of the right nob? Is it just a simple twist?

Really appreciate the insight! I called Parker directly today and places on hold several times. Finally was told that someone would call me back - no call back (yet)...

Goldiefish":go2nh2gq said:
Checked my boat out today. Took a pic of the inside of my live well. Lever on water input solved my problem.

Yes it is a simple twist. The item on the left of the water line is a light. Remember that my boat is a '15 so I don't know if they made any major changes. If you have trouble getting a hold of an answer from Parker, call Mark at Boats Inc in Niantic Ct. 860-739-6251 Tell him Dr Goldschneider told you to call him. If he doesn't know or can't find out, no one will.

Thanks for the tip!!! I got the bait well to stop flowing raw water when using the spray. Great advice and appreciate the insight!

Goldiefish":1ejurvez said:
Yes it is a simple twist. The item on the left of the water line is a light. Remember that my boat is a '15 so I don't know if they made any major changes. If you have trouble getting a hold of an answer from Parker, call Mark at Boats Inc in Niantic Ct. 860-739-6251 Tell him Dr Goldschneider told you to call him. If he doesn't know or can't find out, no one will.

Back