Bangarang - Parker 2320 build

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warthog5":36wl4nv9 said:
A more finished look would be to round all those corners on the brackets......+ may keep someone from getting skinned up.
its hard to tell from the picture, but the corners are rounded a little. I didnt want to get too aggressive but needed to be rounded enough not to cut up a foot.

That light bar set up looks sweet. Is there blow back of light from all the stainless up front?? Or is it high/narrow enough that the beam is above the rails?

phauck":rnn60x5y said:
That light bar set up looks sweet. Is there blow back of light from all the stainless up front?? Or is it high/narrow enough that the beam is above the rails?

I haven't tested it at night yet on the water but testing it at night on land there is a little bounce back which is expected. Once I get on the water I will adjust the angle to reduce it. Supposedly the middle of the bar is narrow and the sides are wider. Most of the light though is away from the deck.

for the night trips put some black tape on the rails and remove it when you return.....electrical tape....

99Parker2520":pncbn409 said:
for the night trips put some black tape on the rails and remove it when you return.....electrical tape....

Great tip!
Mainly planning on using the lights for lobster hooping on the west coast to spot the buoys. running sometimes with full lights at night are more distracting then useful.

Tape residue is a PIA to remove. Instead, buy some pipe insulation. These are foam tubes which are slit so you can open them and snap around the railing. They are available in different diameters so measure your rails. Pick em up at Home Cheapo or any big box or hardware. You might to use a zip tie or some black tape to secure it but try it out first. You can get multiple uses out of them.

Put in some "Poor Man's Sea Deck"

Bought some EVA foam matting, nice on the feet.

$20 and 20 minutes, measure, cut, install

XWh2ryz.jpg

ELNz2Iu.jpg

jQanSP3.jpg

vY2870D.jpg

Looks good. Nice and simple. I'm using a large rubber backed garage door mat that I cut out to fit. My only issue with it is that I'm getting moisture trapped under the rubber backing. I think it's from condensation from the AC? The good is it rinses and drys fast and it's $20/$30 so cheap and easy. You have to put something down on our cabin floors as when wet they are just to slick. It also helps with the noise.

shawnee83":412p9wyc said:
Looks good. Nice and simple. I'm using a large rubber backed garage door mat that I cut out to fit. My only issue with it is that I'm getting moisture trapped under the rubber backing. I think it's from condensation from the AC? The good is it rinses and drys fast and it's $20/$30 so cheap and easy. You have to put something down on our cabin floors as when wet they are just to slick. It also helps with the noise.
i was thinking about that too. costco had the diamond pattern thick plastic/rubber flooring. it was $150 for the roll, but could have made 3-4 of these. not sure how long this will last but its cheap enough to easily replace or try something else.

i'm in cali so we have dry heat, no humidity.

Back