Battery Charger for Parker 2520XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Parker 2520XL with twin engines and thus two batteries. I want to install a trickle charger for my batteries. I am looking for suggestions as two where to install the charger. Please any suggestions?

Thanks

What I did with mine was I installed it to the underside of the port bench seat. Then I ran 4 gauge cables from the charger to the batteries and installed the shore power receptacle in the port bulkhead under the gunnel using 10/3 triplex cable. I would avoid putting it in the bilge at all cost as I think it will last longer being out of the weather. For what its worth I have 4 batteries and I think the unit works great on keeping the batteries topped off and ready to go.It is a Xantrex Trucharge 3 bank charger. Money well spent.

Attachments

• IMG-20130407-00325.jpg
    IMG-20130407-00325.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 126
Thanks for your response ParkerJr: I was thinking about putting the charger in the bilge since my bilge is dry and the charger is one of those that is sealed against water. However, I have not made up my mind and would like to hear from other people but the response is few.

thanks

Back