Bench rebuild---hole drilling question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSkiff2001

Reaction score
Last fall I purchased John From Madisons Parker 2520DV. Now that spring has arrived in the Northeast its time to prep for the big splash. One of the many little project im doing is building the bench seat up. The 1 day we fished the boat last fall the people sitting in the bench hated how you couldnt see out the windows when underway. So starts the ideas.

The plan is to place the bench on 2 6x6's. Cover the faces with Azek to make it look nice, build a drawer on casters in the open space below the bench to hold sinkers, knives, leaders, etc. The drawer is going to have a hinged top which will slide out and be able to lock in or out and double as a foot rest.

The big question is, the top 6x6 is going to be notched, the long part of the notch is going to hang over the step up that is behind the bench (where the arrow is in the picture). I plan to screw down the top notched part of the 6x6 into that area. Is anyone aware of anything under there that would make it a bad idea to drive a screw into it to fasten down the bases?

Attachments

• parkerseatPaint.jpg
    parkerseatPaint.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 259
My cockpit floor is flat on the entire surface, but I doubt there's anything in the, but you could call Eric at Parker to confirm. And tapping might ID a stud or stiffener. That said, I'd use Togglers from MSC Fasteners over screws.

Sounds good, Ill give him a call. I dont see the togglers on the website????

Back