Bench Seat /Tackle Storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCL

Reaction score
Heres pictures of the new seat that I built for my 2120 . It is 60" long and has storage for 4 rods plus all kinds of storage for fishing gear in the drawers,the seat also lifts up to store charts and books. I created the radius on the end so that I could retain use of the berth and also for ease in removing the rods. All construction consists of marine plywood with fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin . The bulkheads that the drawer guides attach to ( in 2 locations ) actually go through the cabinet and form the rod holders (1 piece ) Drawers are made of 1/2" ply with 1/4" dividers and white oak faces. New brackets for the backrest also had to be fabricated out of 1/4 x 2" aluminum bar.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Steve . Passing Thru 2120 200 hpdi

Attachments

• DSC03150.jpg
    DSC03150.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 2,168
  • DSC03154.jpg
    DSC03154.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,167
  • DSC03155.jpg
    DSC03155.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,168
  • DSC03156.jpg
    DSC03156.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,168
  • DSC02961.jpg
    DSC02961.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,168
  • DSC02962.jpg
    DSC02962.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,167
Here are the rest of the photos.

Steve

Attachments

• DSC02963.jpg
    DSC02963.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,161
  • DSC02964.jpg
    DSC02964.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,161
  • DSC02966.jpg
    DSC02966.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 2,161
  • DSC02968.jpg
    DSC02968.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,161
  • DSC02969.jpg
    DSC02969.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,161
  • DSC02970.jpg
    DSC02970.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,161
Wow what a piece of work!
Well done .
Thanks for the pics.

As I said, I saw this first hand and its very impressive.

Steve, what did you use for the drawer slides? Are they stainless?

Steve

I dont know if you want to do it
But if you want to make another one for my 2120
Shoot me a PM and I would love to talk to ya
I live in Mass so I can come pick it up when your done
"When ever" you can do it !

Merry Christmas!

Bryan the drawer guides are made by Knape & Vogt. They are made for RV applications with spring assist to keep them closed when the going gets tough. I am pretty sure that you can get them in stainless although they are pretty pricey, just put some wd 40 on mine with no signs of corrosion. The left and center drawer banks are 14" deep and the far right drawers are 10"deep to facilitate with rod removal.

Unfortunately I wouldn't have the time to build another one ,there are a ton of man hours involved and I think there are subtle differences from boat to boat due to the hand laid construction.The process involves blocking the hull of the boat so that it is level side to side and fore and aft. You then have to make a cardboard template to cover the entire flat surface area under the seat,from there you transfer the pilot house sidewall fore and aft with a plumb bob (top of seat back). After determining the location of the cabinet front face and marking it on the template you then need to layout the bulkhead locations where the drawer guides attach to (the for and aft locations will extend to the side of the hull for the rod holders ) and Transfer that to your base template. You can get a very accurate cardboard template for the rod holder by making it in 2 pieces (1 horizontal and 1 vertical ) and taping the joint together for the angle .The hull also has a slight radius that needs to be cut into the template. The last step of the layout process is to draw a template of the entire front of the seat , and fit that to the rear wall of the pilot house (not a 90' angle ) and all the corresponding surfaces taking into account epoxy fillet areas,that way the cabinet will fit like a glove with no gaps larger than 1/8 " anywhere.

There where no parts reused from the original bench seat, the seat cushions are also custom with a 1" bolster to keep you in place when conditions get sporty .

Hope this helps for anyone wanting a winter project :idea:

Steve Passing Thru 2120 200 hpdi

John

Picture of boat in front of workshop. Home away from home 8)

Steve Passing Thru 2120

Attachments

• DSC02186.jpg
    DSC02186.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 1,896
Please post a pic of your face. I'm guessing you are Norm Abrams or maybe Bob Vila? There show is shot up there from time to time.

In all honestly this is amazing. I have no idea how you did it because the verbiage in your post is greek to me. Rock on though! You're the man and extremely talented.

-Matt

Amazing seat.
The factory should take note of this little item! :wink:

Well done!

GREAT LOOKING SEAT....THE FACTORY SHOULD GIVE OPTIONS LIKE THIS...

Looks good. I think I'll knock one out this weekend for my 2320. NOT

Back